i30 Owners Club

Sound System - Info and possible upgrade

JoeSR · 5 · 3099

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
Hey all,

Recently got a MY14 i30 SR.
Was hoping for someone to provide information on what the audio system is made up off, because for the life of me i cant find any info on it.
Does it have a sub, how many speakers and is there an Amp?

Also if i can obtain the sizing of the speakers as i'd potentionally like to add some more speakers or upgrade them.

Lastely does this void any sort of warranty if i replace/upgrade the speakers?
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Information about the audio system for your car should be supplied by your dealer, ask them. The number of speakers and sizes would be measurable by yourself, as you have a vehicle right there.

If the speakers are altered, and not by Hy or their expensive 3rd party installers, then you would most likely void your warranty on the WHOLE audio system. Given that this system also contains the clock etc AND that some cars have had replacements of these units. I wouldn't be making any changes at all to anything related to the sound system. For most people it's quite an adequate system as is.

I cannot understand why the pursuit of huge sound is necessary on a transport vehicle, surely the place for that is in a nice quiet anechoic chamber. (Preferably underground).  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline JoeSR

• 2nd Gear
Just thinking of adding a focal ibus 20 sub.
its a tiny sub that would fit easily under on of the seats.
  • i30 MY14 SR, Auto

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal