i30 Owners Club

Auto Expert on WIndow Tinting

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This guy is definitely (like I've said before) A legend in his own lunchtime, but he has certainly racked up some subscribers (including me) and a certain amount of his info rings true. He gets a lot of views in the first few days his videos are posted too!  :eek:

As far as his comments on heat in cars go, I tend to disagree though. I always get the darkest legal tint and the difference it makes in cutting out the heat you feel on your face and arm from the sun is huge. For me it is the worst thing about a rental car (no tint)

The other benefit of tint not mentioned is the fact it reduces the glare from headlights in your mirrors (through the rear screen and side windows too) I seldom have to dip my interior mirror with tinted windows, but do in untinted rentals.

:link: Should I Get My Car Windows Tinted | The Top 10 Tips | Auto Expert John Cadogan - YouTube
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I haven't watched this vid yet but I know the RACQ and NRMA aren't big fans of tinting,  althouh the RACQ actually does it for you through their glass service.   :crazy1:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I haven't watched this vid yet but I know the RACQ and NRMA aren't big fans of tinting,  althouh the RACQ actually does it for you through their glass service.   :crazy1:

He waffles a lot (probably the wrong sort of waffle) but in general he seems to lean in favour of tinting.  :goodjob:

Another observation. He says make sure they don't choose a cheap Chinese tint to increase their margins, but how are you really going to know. Apart from using a reputable window tinting chain who gives a long warranty, how are you going to really know what film they used without watching them unpack and apply it?  :undecided:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

He waffles a lot (probably the wrong sort of waffle) but in general he seems to lean in favour of tinting.  :goodjob:

Another observation. He says make sure they don't choose a cheap Chinese tint to increase their margins, but how are you really going to know. Apart from using a reputable window tinting chain who gives a long warranty, how are you going to really know what film they used without watching them unpack and apply it?  :undecided:
The guy  we use, has a brand ( I forget which) with a lifetime warranty.  He's been using the same brand for all the years we've used him.
Only had one issue. A slight bubble on the rear window of my daughter's Accent. We saw it after she came back from Darwin.
He replaced it promptly.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The guy  we use, has a brand ( I forget which) with a lifetime warranty.  He's been using the same brand for all the years we've used him.
Only had one issue. A slight bubble on the rear window of my daughter's Accent. We saw it after she came back from Darwin.
He replaced it promptly.

I got a long (maybe lifetime? warranty on the SR tint -I got a folder full of paperwork)

We had Trish's Tiida tinted as part of the deal when we bought that and there was a very small bubble down near the rear brake light. When I complained they said it will go once the film dries, but it never did. I really should have made them replace it, but it wasn't convenient to spare the car at the time. I'm very thorough now when picking up a car after tint now.  :evil:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal