i30 Owners Club

Just bought an i30. Any ownership advice?

Offline mfowler10

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Hi all,

I just bought an i30 last week and was also wondering about a few things...

1. Do you need to activate the Hyundai Roadside Assist that comes with the car free and if so how?
2. Does anyone use E10 fuel often and had any issues?
3. Is there a grace period either side of the servicing? I heard some people lost their roadside assist as they were a few days late servicing so just want to be prepared.
4. Any recommendations on what to carry in the car for an emergency? Eg. Torch, tools etc...
5. Any accessories that you guys think are awesome for the i30?
6. Is the glovebox cooler any good? Seems a bit weird having it cool where the user manual goes.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to driving more!
  • Hyundai i30 Active X 2016 Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome and congrats on your new i30...

I just bought an i30 last week and was also wondering about a few things...

1. Do you need to activate the Hyundai Roadside Assist that comes with the car free and if so how?
I don't believe so. We just have the 1800 number handy in case we need it (unlikely, it's not a VW or Ford) :winker: We've had 3 x i30's over the last 8 years and never had a glitch ...  :Touch:
2. Does anyone use E10 fuel often and had any issues?
Haven't heard of any problems with E10. I quite like it (smells better and runs fine)
3. Is there a grace period either side of the servicing? I heard some people lost their roadside assist as they were a few days late servicing so just want to be prepared.
4. Any recommendations on what to carry in the car for an emergency? Eg. Torch, tools etc...
Dynamo torches are handy to have in the car and a basic First Aid kit (and some Panandol) :D
5. Any accessories that you guys think are awesome for the i30?
I'll leave that for others depends what model you have, tinted windows, nice alloy wheels, Boot liner, Weather shields x 4 + plenty more stuff available....
6. Is the glovebox cooler any good? Seems a bit weird having it cool where the user manual goes.
It works well, but only as cool as you set the air conditioning. Handy to KEEP a drink a bit cool while you are travelling or stop the Chocolates melting on the way home from the supermarket (I think some ladies might use it to stop their makeup stuff being ruined too..) Obviously doesn't work if you are parked for long unless you keep the engine running

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mfowler10

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Thanks Dazzler!

Does anyone use the Eco mode around town or only for long trips?

And keen to know about servicing periods as I doubt I would have driven my car more than 30km within the first month so feel there's not much point going back for the initial service although don't want to be penalised.
  • Hyundai i30 Active X 2016 Auto

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ring the dealer re the initial service, but from memory it is 1500ks but cant recall a time.

I have never met a eco or any other mode that did anything other than make a light come on the dash. Being almost as cheap as Dazz, I will put it on just in case, but don't think it makes much difference. 

30ks, go for a drive in your new car  :cool:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I have never met a eco or any other mode that did anything other than make a light come on the dash. Being almost as cheap as Dazz, I will put it on just in case, but don't think it makes much difference. 

:iws:

Whenever I've done rough back to back testing on several of my cars with that feature it made maybe .2 l/100kms difference at the most. Usually the trade off in response isn't worth the saving, but like Beerman says I tend to leave it on most of the time just in case.  :-[ :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal