i30 Owners Club

Transmission Valve Body Fault - Need Advice

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Be careful.
I have seen enough A4CF2 valvebodys start playing up. What i have never seen from the "common" valvebody symptoms is limp mode or DTC's.

Did they mention any testing on the solenoid at all? Because if there is a code for solenoid malfunction they should have carried out diagnosis on the solenoid. And for the record a malfunctioning valvebody cannot set that code.
It will be either the solenoid circuit, solenoid itself or the PCM.

If only other Hyundai mechanics had your level of skill and logic.....Funny how I had to fight to get your solution to my issue done, once it was done (and I corrected their dodgy install of the felt that covers the workings that was touching the brake pedal) it was good as new. Sounds cheaper than the option put foward by the dealer too.

Ya'll just need to come to me for service and repairs  :lol: :lol: :lol:

600k each way would be worth it to get rid of the rattle in the front of the i40....I mean thats not even a tank of diesel  :evil:

You could have come for the country music festival last week.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Be careful.
I have seen enough A4CF2 valvebodys start playing up. What i have never seen from the "common" valvebody symptoms is limp mode or DTC's.

Did they mention any testing on the solenoid at all? Because if there is a code for solenoid malfunction they should have carried out diagnosis on the solenoid. And for the record a malfunctioning valvebody cannot set that code.

If only other Hyundai mechanics had your level of skill and logic.....Funny how I had to fight to get your solution to my issue done, once it was done (and I corrected their dodgy install of the felt that covers the workings that was touching the brake pedal) it was good as new. Sounds cheaper than the option put foward by the dealer too.

600k each way would be worth it to get rid of the rattle in the front of the i40....I mean thats not even a tank of diesel  :evil:

But they don't do an i30 ute....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Be careful.

But they don't do an i30 ute....

Just cause they don't, doesnt mean you can't.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Some of us don't possess your skills..... :whistler:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I just hope the OP has hung around and read your advice. Would save a fair bit of coin im thinking.....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I just hope the OP has hung around and read your advice. Would save a fair bit of coin im thinking.....

@theLeftfamily  ^^^
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal