i30 Owners Club

Need New High Beam Globe on my GD I 30 PREMIUM

mmjlw · 10 · 3120

Offline mmjlw

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Guys,

Im after some help I have had my I30 for 2 years now and the only thing that I am disappointed with is the High Beam.  I have tried several globes and they don't work as well.  Its coming to the point now that I can leave my high beam on and no one will flash me.  My other car is a Holden SSV with HID on both LOw and High beam and they light up the road.  I do alot of night driving and would like to be able to see.

So any help you can give me would be great.

I was even thinking about installiing a LED light Bar but I would rather explore all other options.

Thanks

MArk
  • 2012 I30 CRDI Premium

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I'm unable to help you but I'm sure someone will soon.   :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Mark,

Lights are not a strong point on the i30. They probably seem worse because your SSV ones are so good...

Maybe they need a slight adjustment up.  :idea:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
By some chance have you accidently tilted the lights down via the little roller button at the lower right hand side of the steering wheel... I'm not sure if your model/year has this feature :undecided:

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I was under the impression remote tilt is illegal in OZ. The only thumbwheel I have there is for dimming the dash lighting. :confused:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I was under the impression remote tilt is illegal in OZ. The only thumbwheel I have there is for dimming the dash lighting. :confused:
The tilt feature comes standard on the Special Editions ( not sure about other GD models though ) standard level setting is 0 and with the more weight placed in the rear of vehicle you tilt the lights down a maximum of three notches in half increment adjustments, in normal driving conditions if the dial was turned all the way to 3 then you'd be lucky to see about 2/3 metres in front of you.

Dash lighting on mine is a split +/- button.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The tilt feature comes standard on the Special Editions ( not sure about other GD models though ) standard level setting is 0 and with the more weight placed in the rear of vehicle you tilt the lights down a maximum of three notches in half increment adjustments, in normal driving conditions if the dial was turned all the way to 3 then you'd be lucky to see about 2/3 metres in front of you.

Dash lighting on mine is a split +/- button.

I'm guessing the tourer and SE are the only two models in OZ that have that feature because it is a common feature on European Cars and they are both imported from Europe rather than Korea.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
The Premium model i30 sold in Australia has auto tilt, meaning that any adjustments to the headlights have to be done at the lights themselves. Check your user manual on how to do this, bearing in mind that you should make sure they're still within any applicable legal requirements for adjustments/alignment.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Guys,

Im after some help I have had my I30 for 2 years now and the only thing that I am disappointed with is the High Beam.  I have tried several globes and they don't work as well.  Its coming to the point now that I can leave my high beam on and no one will flash me.  My other car is a Holden SSV with HID on both LOw and High beam and they light up the road.  I do alot of night driving and would like to be able to see.

So any help you can give me would be great.

I was even thinking about installiing a LED light Bar but I would rather explore all other options.

Thanks

MArk

I currently have Philips X-treme Vision globes fitted in my FD and they make a noticeable difference.
They aren't cheap though....  :undecided:
Osram also have their Night Breaker globes which are similar in brightness but are available quite a bit cheaper....

There is a trade off though, these globes don't last as long....

:link: Headlights, Car Lights, Headlight Bulb, Car Bulbs, Car Light Bulbs | PowerBulbs
20% off if you purchase by 13/07/2014 and use the code BRAZIL20

Offline mmjlw

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Thanks for the reply guys.   My light are at the right adjustment and I can see the light in the distance by the reflectors on the side of the road however that's about all.  My low beam is good as it is the factory HID's but not enough power in the high. 

Thanks again I will keep on looking.
  • 2012 I30 CRDI Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal