i30 Owners Club

Ding Noise "door open"

Offline Stinger

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Munno Para, South Australia
    • My Personal Photography page. Feel free to "like"!
It appears that most new cars now have a function. That when you turn the ignition off when the car has not been running & open the door. The car "dings" non stop to warn you to take the key & the door is open.
It's ok, but rather annoying.
Does anyone know if you can turn this off?

Thanks.
  • i30 2013 GD Elite, White.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
They can turn all the other so called safety features off so I shouldn't see why they wouldn't be able to turn this feature off as well.
Lot of smart PPL on here who even may know how to do it
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

ouri30
Try putting car in park or neutral and removing the key from the ignition before opening the door.

This might work.  I can't check it as I have the Premium with keyless start. 

Offline Stinger

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Try putting car in park or neutral and removing the key from the ignition before opening the door.

- Mine is keyless as well. it warns me to take the key fob thing with me (sits in the console next to me)
Does yours ding, if you have it in the car with out it running?

ouri30

- Mine is keyless as well. it warns me to take the key fob thing with me (sits in the console next to me)
Does yours ding, if you have it in the car with out it running?

If you leave a key in the car and shut door, warning chime stops, but when you go to lock with the other key from outside the car, it won't lock and there is a warning.  This warning is also evident if you open a locked hatch and drop the key in the boot and then shut the hatch.  It seems like its impossible to lock the car with a key in it.

Also, you don't seem to be able to lock the car if you leave the sunroof open.

If you do everything in the correct sequence you don't get warnings.  By this I mean, stop car, put it in park, apply handbrake, stop engine, (and probably a few other things lock close all windows) and take the key(s) with you when you open the door.

Hope this makes sense.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You're giving me a headache, who worked out this sequence anyway,,,,  :fum: :sicky:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

ouri30
You're giving me a headache, who worked out this sequence anyway,,,,  :fum: :sicky:

I prefer not to think too deeply about it.  When I get it wrong I think, "Shit, did it again.  Gotta get that right next time.  Oh well, who gives a ....... anyway."

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If you had an EH Holden, it wouldn't do that, though. ;)
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Stinger

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
lol....
Yeah, All good. Thanks for the detailed info... It's more for me to do with turning the car off / having ignition on with door open chimes, but all good. One of those things i have to get use to. It's very clever to beep like a C3P0 on crack when u leave the keys in and try to lock the door. Done that twice LOL.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal