i30 Owners Club

After 2 weeks

Brew69 · 16 · 3985

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

• 2010 SLX CRD 1.6 Manual. <3 (continental silver)
Averaging 5.0/100. Got as bad as 6.4 and as good as 4.1. Not bad for a motor that should be still tight.  8)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good result m8... :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline aussie pete

• 1st Gear
Gee you are lucky.

Mine was tight when new rarely getting below 6 and sometimes above 7.

Only recently with 30,000km+  has it started to get great results.

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Nice.

My numbers are far less exciting. I generally sit around 8.6L/100kms. One of the joys of lots of short trips. :/ WTB longer commute!  :P

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
Our CW has used 5 liters per 100km on the first 1800 kilometers, with studded winter tyres and lots of electric window/mirror heating in use. So, not bad IMHO.

Seems to be settling lower with normal tyres that were bolted on just yesterday.

In my experience it really may take as long as 20 000 km or even more for a new car to settle to the final economy.

What I really miss in i30 is the display of immediate fuel consumption in the computer, cannot understand why Hyundai has left it away...

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
Our CW has used 5 liters per 100km on the first 1800 kilometers, with studded winter tyres and lots of electric window/mirror heating in use. So, not bad IMHO.

Seems to be settling lower with normal tyres that were bolted on just yesterday.

Not bad. The best figure I got with winter tires was 5.1 l/100km. Now I've got summer tires, summer quality fuel, winter speed limitations removed and 4000 km on the clock - consumption has gone up a bit because of higer speeds. Filled her up today, actual average consumption figure was 5.4 l/100km for this fill-up (5.3 on the trip computer).

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

My average on this tanks is 5.6, and the average speed is 32km/h. So the higher ave speed the better economy it seems.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My average on this tanks is 5.6, and the average speed is 32km/h. So the higher ave speed the better economy it seems.

That is pretty much a unanimous opinion on this site (although 32kph is a pretty low average) Mine is usually around 50..

Offline ch0pst1x

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• CRDi SLX
So I'm not the only one getting crappy consumptions! After 6months still struggling to get it under 6!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So I'm not the only one getting crappy consumptions! After 6months still struggling to get it under 6!

Is Glen Waverley a hilly part of Melbourne? Or do you do a lot of city stop start driving?

You really have to compare it with what you were getting out of your previous car in the same circumstances rather than the ADR 4.7 figure...

Offline ch0pst1x

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• CRDi SLX
Its a bit hilly but half my driving is freeway driving. Its more that it hasn't actually dropped since I got it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Its a bit hilly but half my driving is freeway driving. Its more that it hasn't actually dropped since I got it.

Have you reset your readout for average consuption by pressing and holding the trip button lately .. the longer you leave it between resets the less it wuill change ( as the average will be calculated over a longer distance)...

and do you try and keep your revs between 1500 and say 2700 RPM most of the time? If you drive it like a petrol version that will lift your economy figure...

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

I chickened out yesterday. Had 900kms on the trip counter when the DTE started flashing. I really wanted that 1000kms but made a dash for the Caltex and squeezed in 53 litres (right to the top). Average speed ended up 35 km/h. trip computer said 5.8 and that was pretty spot on. I'm guessing if i ever get my average speed up into the 40's or 50's it will get closer to the 4.7 figure.

Offline ch0pst1x

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• CRDi SLX
Reset it after every re-fill! Yeah, most of the time I'm in between that range. Maybe I'm just more of a hoon than I realise  :-[

Have you reset your readout for average consuption by pressing and holding the trip button lately .. the longer you leave it between resets the less it wuill change ( as the average will be calculated over a longer distance)...

and do you try and keep your revs between 1500 and say 2700 RPM most of the time? If you drive it like a petrol version that will lift your economy figure...

Offline aussie pete

• 1st Gear
I chickened out yesterday. Had 900kms on the trip counter when the DTE started flashing. I really wanted that 1000kms but made a dash for the Caltex and squeezed in 53 litres (right to the top).

Sounds like the trip computer is still learning it's tank size - I can usually squeeze in 59-60l when the DTE comes on.

I take it that when you say filled to the top you can see the diesel in the filler tube?

5.8l/100 is fine for a low average speed. Particularly if the trips are short as it will be running in warm up mode.

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

I chickened out yesterday. Had 900kms on the trip counter when the DTE started flashing. I really wanted that 1000kms but made a dash for the Caltex and squeezed in 53 litres (right to the top).

Sounds like the trip computer is still learning it's tank size - I can usually squeeze in 59-60l when the DTE comes on.

I take it that when you say filled to the top you can see the diesel in the filler tube?

5.8l/100 is fine for a low average speed. Particularly if the trips are short as it will be running in warm up mode.

Yes until i could see it. Waiting for the foaming to reduce several times. Most of my trips are under 10kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal