i30 Owners Club

How NOT to write an i30 Review

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
This review is from:
http://www.productreview.com.au/showite ... m_id=39040

Pros: My SLX i30 meets expectations- more or less. Carefully driven to the Outback (Lightning Ridge and Longreach) it returned overall 7.3 litres/100km. I expected better. Appointments are generally good. The USB port great. Make your own MP3's and throw away your CD's. Responsive and very quiet under 4000 rpms. Buzzy but still responsive over that. Storage adequate. Climate control seems OK but will lower your fuel consumption.  
Cons: I like the car but not Hyundai Sales, or Service. Maroochydore Sunco would only give me a 2002 trade-in value on the Tiburon they originally sold and was always registered as a 2003. Gobbledegook and tricky. The car is OK but the marketing infra structure is suspect. Customer Service won't reply. They just pass the buck to the "chief" area salesman who's only interested in his bottom line and protecting his salesmen, not his Customers. Nothing has changed re used care dealers. Hyundai included. Be advised and cautioned. I'll use Hyundai for Warranty but not for service, and save hundreds. Also be advised there is evidence of an intermittent starter problem where they have played hard ball. My email- ath86@bigpond.com.au  
Overall: Hyundai have made a nice car. Well appointed and reasonably economical but the sales office I engaged re-enforces their reputation of being tricky. Smiling but fixated on the bottom line regardless of customer satisfaction. Higher echelons simply leave explanations to lesser minions- like glib sales "bosses" who are not very good at Customer Relations. My experience anyway.  

This is an excellent example of how NOT to write a review!
This review is SUPPOSED to be about the car.
Sounds like they were annoyed because  they didn't get the trade-in they wanted.
Does not say whether manual or automatic. This makes a big difference to L/100km!
Likes the car but only gives it 2 stars out of 5.
Interestingly the other 7 reviews all gave it 5 stars.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi K-K

I found that review site recently and noted the overall pleasing 4.5 stars rating out of 9 reviews but didn't bother to register to check out the other 6 reviews including this "turkey" that were inaccessible without registration...

Thanks for sharing!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi K-K

I found that review site recently and noted the overall pleasing 4.5 stars rating out of 9 reviews but didn't bother to register to check out the other 6 reviews including this "turkey" that were inaccessible without registration...

Thanks for sharing!

Hi D-D,
It was actually pretty easy to register.

I think we should have a review section on this site. They could be regularly updated as we can edit anytime.
Suggestions - have different headings
Manual 2.0 Petrol
Automatic 2.0 Petrol

Manual 1.6 Diesel
Automatic 1.6 Diesel

Manual 1.6 Petrol
Automatic 1.6 Petrol

Is this enough?
Needs Country, and whether SX, SLX, or SR etc. as different countries have different suspension, and SX, SLX and SR have different wheels and tyres, so will handle differently.
Current mileage (kilometreage)
Fuel economy and type of driving.

We could have 50 reviews on this site soon, will bring more members!

What else should we have?

Offline redi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I used this site as part of my research when considering which car to buy. There were only about 6 reviews for the i30 back then. Found it helpful ruling out which cars NOT to buy.

Offline redi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
There is a bloke from Bucharest who has reviewed the i30 on that site :D  :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal