i30 Owners Club

First service overdue

WayneD · 27 · 9669

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi guys

Well I picked up new new i30 2 weeks ago and with xmas and all that was happening in my life my first 1000km was done in about 4 days but I was out camping so it is now up to 2400km. I rang the dealer servicing centre and they were booked out till after New years but said they would still do the service as long as the car is under 3000km. So it's back to driving my old car for my next trip this weekend as it would put it over the 3000km.

Thought this info might be handy to any one else in my predicament.

I love this little car. Although with a couple of kayaks strapped to the top I am only getting 5.5L/100km out of it. I was hoping it would be a bit better than that, but it's still way better than my old Mazda getting about 9L/100km.
  • 2012 i30 CRDi The Yakster Mobile

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The diesel takes at least 10k to get the best fuel consumption so expect further improvement.

The 1st service is open bonnet, check fluids & close. If you can wait and observe, they'll have to actually do it. There have been references here that the car is parked and not inspected at all. Depends on the quality of your dealer.  :undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I would have thought with a bit of push and shove you could have had the limit extended.

3k is good to know though, I was worried about my wives car being at 1500k. Either way, it is highly likely that baring warranty work, it will be the last time my wives car sees a stealer. The 2010 is just about to clock 70k, it has been to the stealer twice, for the 1000k service and a new brake switch at 69,000.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
We had this issue with Keema Hyundai at Cleveland regarding my daughter's Accent.
Sunco Motors at Currimundi were astounded at their attitude and happily carried out the service somewhere over 3000 klms.

Having said that, Terry (Ugly Mongrel) has had great service from Keema at Cleveland.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I see why they have rules for these things, but if someone rings up and they can't accommodate the service, then there should be an extension.

Otherwise the salesperson should be making inquiries at the point of sale to ensure they are not supplying a car they can't service within the specified distance.

Speaking of Keema, I had my break switch done at Slacks Creek where I purchased the car, once I got home and looked at the paperwork, I noticed the warranty expired in late May rather than in early June when I picked up the car. A New Years Project I guess (Since I have to contact them anyway, I might get them to correct the whole register a 2010 car as a 2009 car thing).

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Has anyone here had experience with Keema at Springwood?
Looking at the 1500k service manual it seems like most of it can be done by oneself.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Morley Hyundai rang me up yesterday to tell me that my car must be getting close to its first service.
I told them it had it done one week after I picked it up.  :lol:  I've done nearly 4,000 kms and haven't had it a month yet.
They asked me to complete the customer satisfaction survey that Hyundai have sent out and said that if I score them 10 out of 10 on everything and drop it into the dealership rather than sending it back to Hyundai, they'll give me a $25 Coles/Myer voucher.
That's one way to keep their score up I guess.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Looking at the 1500k service manual it seems like most of it can be done by oneself.

I haven't, but it's good to get the stamp in the book.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Keema used to be a family owned company run by Henk Kabel.
I'm pretty sure he's retired now and I don't know who's running the show.He did have three sons in the business but I don't know what they're up to. I have a vague idea someone on here has had dealings with Springwood but can't remember whether it was good or bad.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!

I haven't, but it's good to get the stamp in the book.

That's true. I purchased mine there and will be picking it up next week. :)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Morley Hyundai rang me up yesterday to tell me that my car must be getting close to its first service.
I told them it had it done one week after I picked it up.  :lol:  I've done nearly 4,000 kms and haven't had it a month yet.
They asked me to complete the customer satisfaction survey that Hyundai have sent out and said that if I score them 10 out of 10 on everything and drop it into the dealership rather than sending it back to Hyundai, they'll give me a $25 Coles/Myer voucher.
That's one way to keep their score up I guess.

Bribing ex police officers is a crime isn't it  :fum:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Sounds worthy of a complaint to Hyundai head office... :whistler:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Isn't that 1500 km service an optional service.. :question:

I mean, if you can't / won't make it, than it won't void your warranty.. :question:

Personally I wouldn't care about it at all, as they don't change anything.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds worthy of a complaint to Hyundai head office... :whistler:

Yeah, that is really dodgy  :disapp: (but I would get the Gift voucher first and then report them)  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I got my 1000k service done there. The car was parked outside in the busy customer drop off area. When I returned it was in exactly the same spot. It seemed like a stroke of luck that that exact same spot would have been avaliable after the vehicle had been driven around into the service bay, checked over and taken  for a test drive. But I got the stamp so who cares.

It was never my intention to get my regular servicing done there, despite their offer of an extended warranty (which when I looked into the small print from memory only covered up to 2k and was for the original owner). When I did the maths the money I could save over the service period getting the car done elsewhere was much more than the 2k I might have gotten should the car have suffered difficulty between years 5 and 7.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Whenever I take my car in for service I make a note of the odometer reading and set the distance trip to zero to check if it has been moved and/or test driven.

I have also been known to put sellotate in discreet locations to check that the obvious components for service have been undone and/or replaced.

Only once did I have cause to kick off about a service being charged for in full and some items not carried out - not at Hyundai I hasten to add, it was Toyota.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Notes on the service computer, "This guy uses tape to check up on us, check to remove all tape, each service"

What you need is a bonnet cam  :goodjob2:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Notes on the service computer, "This guy uses tape to check up on us, check to remove all tape, each service"

What you need is a bonnet cam  :goodjob2:

I'm sure Alan's dash cam can be relocated during service.

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline bryanj86

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan

• Logan, Queensland (i30 CRDi)
Plasticphyte.... I use Keema SPRINGWOOD (next to Ikea) for every 15k service. I use my local and very trusty mechanic in Labrador for the 7.5k in between each of the 15's.  Springwood have been great to me! The guy who runs through the receipt etc is great and will tell me any information i am after.

One thing i was annoyed about though was the fact they stated they rotated the tyres... they DIDNT! I know that as i had a ultra slow leak in my rear left side one. That same tyre still was 4psi down two weeks later! SIGH! haha

I had warranty work done on it within the first year! I started a thread on here some time ago about a 'DONK' sound in the rear of the car whilst going over steep or awkward kurbs or bumps.  They replaced the bars and things that link the suspension all together to the wheels. Seemed to have fixed it mostly....

My next service in a month or so will be at Keema Springwood for the 45k one! ! I only just had the car done at 37.5 haha!
  • 2011 Crdi i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Gee, some of the stories about these dealerships. They needn't wonder why they get a bad name.
And I also always note my odo reading whenever I leave my car but I don't reset the trip meter as it would interfere with my fuel usage records.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
 :goodjob:

Yes, waste of time resetting the tripmeter as the service department can just reset it after driving all around the countryside... :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:goodjob:

Yes, waste of time resetting the tripmeter as the service department can just reset it after driving all around the countryside... :whistler:

Although I doubt they would think of that Rusty  :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Maybe, maybe not....not resetting does takes away that option though....

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
OK just dropped it in and reset the trip meter when I left work so it has 4.2KM on the clock. Lets see if they drive it at all. Mind you they could drive it less than 100m so it might not tick over to 4.3 at all...

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Picked it up and it had 4.4km on the clock and the seat was pushed right back. Must have had a look at it then.

Glad to be able to drive it again. I put almost 800km on my old car over the weekend so I could still get this one warranted.

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Plasticphyte.... I use Keema SPRINGWOOD (next to Ikea) for every 15k service. I use my local and very trusty mechanic in Labrador for the 7.5k in between each of the 15's.  Springwood have been great to me! The guy who runs through the receipt etc is great and will tell me any information i am after.

Thanks, much appreciated. My experience buying the car was pretty good, and the people in the service department seemed pretty good. My problem is that Springwood is ages away from where I work, so I'll probably end up going to the Keema at Cleveland. Although, I will definitely be taking it for the first service to Springwood.

One thing i was annoyed about though was the fact they stated they rotated the tyres... they DIDNT! I know that as i had a ultra slow leak in my rear left side one. That same tyre still was 4psi down two weeks later! SIGH! haha

I had a similar experience with a different service centre for one of the popular car yards on the magic mile at Moorooka. Except they were supposed to balance the wheels. I got the car back after the service, etc, was done, and drove down the freeway, as I'm entering the onramp and building speed up, the car started shaking violently, continuing to shake the faster the car went. Wheels hadn't been balanced properly. I took it back the next day, and asked them to fix it. Picked it up that afternoon, they hadn't charged me anything. Anyway, driving back home on the freeway, the car starts shaking violently as I'm speeding up. *NOT AGAIN?!*

Was pretty irritated at this point, so I dropped the car into a wheel & tyre joint in Browns Plains, when I picked the car up, the guy explained to me that the morons at the car yard had one side balanced by approximately 50gm more than the other side, so they had to rip all the weights out and re-balance.

Last time I took that car to the car yard for servicing.

Offline THE i30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Rockhampton Queensland Australia
DC Motors in Rockhampton Qld said it didn't matter if I didn't bring it in for it's 1,500km service, they said just bring it in for it's 15,000km service if everything is ok.
  • 2012 Hyper Silver i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi 6 Speed Manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal