i30 Owners Club

Own supplies for 2 Year 30k Service?

Offline fastscud

• 2nd Gear
Hi all,

Our car is due for a 30K / 2Yr service and I'm interested in providing my own supplies at the dealer to keep the cost down.

The car is 2010 i30 1.6L CRDI Auto.

What supplies would I need to get for this service? (filters?)

And where can I get them from?

Also, do all dealers accept such arrangements? ie. they service but use the replacement parts I supply?

I'm in Melbourne, Vic, BTW.

cheers!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Welcome fastscud!  :goodjob:

For the 30,000k service you'll need an oil filter, fuel filter and possibly a cabin filter....Depending on what sort of roads you've been driving on, you may even be up for an air filter.

You can get genuine filters from places such as eBay & Hyspares which are usually quite a bit cheaper than what you'd pay through a Hyundai dealer....

Just as an example, a genuine "fuel filter" from a dealer will cost you around $130.......A number of us have purchased genuine fuel filters from the UK (via eBay) for well under half that price, including postage.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0

Oils are best purchased from places such as Supercheap Auto when they are "on special".

You may want to check out some of our discussion re oils...
https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?board=60.0

You shouldn't have an issue with supplying your own "consumables"...  :)

Good luck!  :goodjob:

*Edit: I just checked the UK eBayer and it looks like he doesn't have any fuel filters to suit the 1.6 litre diesel at the moment...bugger!  :undecided:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:53:11 by rustynutz »

Offline fastscud

• 2nd Gear
Great, thanks Rusty. I'll check out ebay.

And is it necessary to tell the service center during booking that I'll provide my own consumables?

Or can I tell them when I drive in on the day?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I always tell them when I book the car in for the service.....

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I have just had one of my 60.000K service done,I supplied all Ryco Filters(these are accepted by Hyundai )plus my own oil,save myself tab over $160,I did notify them when I booked the car in that I would supply my own consumables,but I had to tell they again on the day,someone hadn't made a note on my records
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Silver1

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Don't know if anyone from this forum has used Sydney Filter Services, I have used them in the past for my Ssangyong, their prices also look good for Hyundai filters, their postage is quick and reasonable and their Australian.  I have no connection to the company just found they provide a good service to me. Link below:

http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/
  • 2008 i30 CRDI

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Don't know if anyone from this forum has used Sydney Filter Services, I have used them in the past for my Ssangyong, their prices also look good for Hyundai filters, their postage is quick and reasonable and their Australian.  I have no connection to the company just found they provide a good service to me. Link below:

http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/

Yes I get my Cab filters off them,but I simply get ryco filters for the rest as I can pick them up straight away at similar or lower prices and don't have to wait for them to arrive in the post,Only found SFS has the aftermarket cab filters,I haven't found any other sources for them other than the priginal HYundai ones and at a quoted $120 I don't think so.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal