i30 Owners Club

BP Ultimate Diesel, now in NSW

Lakes · 72 · 17814

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi rickai, yes i noticed big variation in the price of BP Ultimate Diesel. i filled up @ Hoxton Park on BP Ultimate Diesel $1.54.9 like you, then before leaving Sydney i topped up on BP Ultimate diesel again but @ Epping $1.61 lucky only needed 7L drove about 130k or close to that in syd. but economy remains the same. motor seems to like the ultimate runs smooth. but back home & still on ultimate just no BP outlets that sell it down here. the part i like most about it is no foam so easy & quick to brim it. if it lubricates pump & injectors that will be a plus. rickai i pay from $161  to $1,59 down here for normal diesel. but no traffic & out of town speed limit 100kph so can get good economy.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
rickai, i might have posted too soon seem's i am getting slightly better economy with BP ultimate diesel as normally a trip from sydney down the coast, twisty hilly princes hwy. will show 4.8L/100k when i just drive normally & on speed limit ( maximum 110kph ) if i stick to 90kph i could improve on that but i feel i would hold the traffic up on some places so just go with the flow so to speak. anyway i've done 460k on the brimmed tank & showing 4.7L/100K (0.1L hardly anything i know, but it shows up on trip PC as a gain )

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
rickai, i might have posted too soon seem's i am getting slightly better economy with BP ultimate diesel as normally a trip from sydney down the coast, twisty hilly princes hwy. will show 4.8L/100k when i just drive normally & on speed limit ( maximum 110kph ) if i stick to 90kph i could improve on that but i feel i would hold the traffic up on some places so just go with the flow so to speak. anyway i've done 460k on the brimmed tank & showing 4.7L/100K (0.1L hardly anything i know, but it shows up on trip PC as a gain )

I mostly do city driving with lots of traffic so I can't really tell so far whether it had any benefits (sitting on 8.4L/100km). But yea, so far the big plus for me with BP ultimate is price and no foam. Might fill up a few times just to see how it goes. I feel the car gives out less diesel smell, dunno if that's just a coincidence .

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I mostly do city driving with lots of traffic so I can't really tell so far whether it had any benefits (sitting on 8.4L/100km). But yea, so far the big plus for me with BP ultimate is price and no foam. Might fill up a few times just to see how it goes. I feel the car gives out less diesel smell, dunno if that's just a coincidence .

I have not payed much attention to if it has diesel smell with the ultimate diesel or not but will check that out, could not notice smoke in rear view mirror when i excellerated ( see that a bit on normal diesel, not bad but it's there f you look )

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well update been home a few weeks now & still showing 4.7/100k & just been doing short trips got almost 1,000k up on this tank of ultimate & pc telling me the tank full will give me a total of 1,250k to empty( would it lie to me ?) no power gain i can notice. i'll just wait to see how far i can go on the one tank. then leave the trip PC L/100k set as is & fill up on normal throthy top diesel & see what i notice, report back.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well fuel light just raised it's ugly head LOL, 1,120k on the one tank of BP U D so far with distance left reading 120k trip PC still reading 4.7L/100k the light is on, but i'll keep going & see just how far i can go, just big hill's to climb around here no matter what direction you take ( don't think i'll be getting 1,300 from the one tank like i got on normal Mobile Diesel, with my first i30 )
well from my observation the type of Diesel you use will not make a lot of difference to how far you can drive on one tank. but keeping your speed lower than 90kph & driving smoothly can make a big difference.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I agree. Mine will save heaps if I keep my driving to 50 in 4th and 80 in 5th. I'm still achieving 4.1 for my runs to work and back. :happydance:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
outstanding Gonz, you not only save on fuel driving easy less wear & tear on brakes clutch drive train & tyres.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i put diesel in, and go until the light comes on, then put more in!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
i put diesel in, and go until the light comes on, then put more in!

:lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal