i30 Owners Club

Facelift C'eed

Guest · 11 · 3967

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
News from Frankfurt on the 3 year facelift for the C'eed, including improvements to ride/handling.

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/launches/kia/16787.asp
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Hmmm...

i have seen that "scalloping" on the lower doors somewhere else recently... 

No idea where though...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
The whole thing looks more like an i30. I don't like the new letterbox on the front though.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice find Brian... I don't like the new Kia Grills either
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the front looks like a ford focus. :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I saw few of them in past weeks.. Already began selling.. I also like the previous one more than this one.. Interior is better then before, so are the engines and the gearbox, but still not as good as i30's :)

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
I saw few of them in past weeks.. Already began selling.. I also like the previous one more than this one.. Interior is better then before, so are the engines and the gearbox, but still not as good as i30's :)

Agree.. except on the biased pare that "it's not as good as I30"! It's as good as an I30, don't see any advantage on one or other.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Agree.. except on the biased pare that "it's not as good as I30"! It's as good as an I30, don't see any advantage on one or other.

To me the seats are not as good. I've driven Ceed (approx 200km) and been driven with Ceed (even more) and to me the seats are worse than i30's. Especially on longer trips. They don't have that much "lateral" grip and they seem "too hard"..

Otherwise it's a great car.

moxey
They had to do something to make it better looking :lol:

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
News from Frankfurt on the 3 year facelift for the C'eed, including improvements to ride/handling.

Took a test drive with both old and new Cee'd SW in October, the steering of the facelift was worse than in the previous model; extra light and non-responsive with lower speeds.

The took a test drive with i30cw - lot better steering and handling, interior quality was better as well. After few days of thinking I ordered one.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Took a test drive with both old and new Cee'd SW in October, the steering of the facelift was worse than in the previous model; extra light and non-responsive with lower speeds.

The took a test drive with i30cw - lot better steering and handling, interior quality was better as well. After few days of thinking I ordered one.

i30 CW's wheelbase is slightly extended, compared to "ordinary" i30 (hatchback) and because of that it's handling is about the same as i30's.

Kia Ceed SW has the same wheelbase as Ceed (hatchback), which has result in slightly worse handling but bigger trunk, compared to i30CW. In the end, I prefer i30CW.

when Ceed SW has the same wheelbase length as hatchback. That's why Ceed SW doens't have as good handling as Ceed/i30/i30cw.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal