FD reversing camera

bbb · 3 · 2245

Offline bbb

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
      Dunakeszi
    • My own homepage (hungarian)
Hi guys,

I have put chinesse reversing camera + LCD into my FD and I am really happy with them for a few months now. It has surprisingly good low light picture even without the extra LEDs, what they forgot from my cam :) Total cost was about 21$
The LCD had to be modified a little - the sun shade thingy had to be gone from the plastic. Except this mod, it was a not hard to fit all with and keep the OEM look. The LCD is mounted inside the upper tray, which can be closed when not needed the screen, and it was not drilled at all! The wire from the LCD goes through the gap of the opening mechanism.
The LCD is holded by two magnet and the base is folded from sheet metal.

Here are the links for the items:
:link: 4.3'' Car Monitor Foldable Color Car Reverse Rearview Parking System LCD Monitor For Car Rear View Camera 3 in 1 Car Monitors -in Car Monitors from
:link: CCD night vision Car Rear View camera Backup Camera for HYUNDAI I30 /solaris (Verna) hatchback GENESIS COUPE/KIA SOUL-in Vehicle Camera from Automobiles &

They were cheaper when I bought them, just for reference (if one would like to follow me, just search for them)...

• FD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I have my GPS working in that location but I like what you've done. Maybe I'll get around to hacking my old 4.3" Mio Moov back to its native Windows CE.
Then I could install freeware GPS alongside rear view / dash cam software.
Project for another day. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal