i30 Owners Club

2017 sr

Offline stephenj

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire sydney
i do hope ive done the right thing? just traded my 2013b diesel for a 2017 sr auto, the reason im giving the family is my 13 runs out of warranty in a few months this gives me another 5 years which will make me 70 if i last that long? im a hopeless petrol head too, the new car smell with leather is an aphrodisiac very hard to ignore! plus all rthe lovely new gadgetry and i bloody well hope a descent hands free phone! havnt even drive one yet but i pick my new one up next thursday  blue in colour i do hope her next owner treats my metallic grey car well, ive pampered her all servicing on time or early even rptated the newish michelins on tuesday, i was lining up a new head unit  would have been a lot cheaper? but the deed is done now contract signedthe last haggles completed the best deal i got was going away from tynans at kareela to suttons at arncliffe! some dealers are just plain crooks and dont want to play? my trade in prices went from 10k to finally 14400  when the deal was done! id have thought full factory servicing wpould count for something?
the appearance of the new i30 dropping current cars prices rapidly, be nice to see if its as good as its supposed to be, the car nut in me wanted the manual but at 65 and aging on sydney roads the 7 speed auto made more sense! must admit the last few months driving with the performance chip connected really enhanced the diesel, didnt seem to burn more fuel either torque was right up! even exhaust note sounded goods in a diesel? id better take that off wednesday night? im in syd if another diesel owner is keen to make an offer on the chip, cost me $200. from ireland. ill post pics of new car in a couple of weeks
  • 2013 i30 diesel

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Sounds like a good idea to me..  :mrgreen:  Congrats on the new wheels.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Stephen. I just bought an almost identical car yesterday. I went fiery red. You won't be disappointed in the drive. My first drive was in one that has only done about 100kms i think and it was cold off the showroom floor.  There was a bit of hesitation from takeoff which i blamed on the DCT. I drove another yesterday with over 700 kms on it and it was a rocket ship. Bl**dy lovely. The DCT (auto) gets autonomous (smart) cruise, which is worth the extra. It works seamlessly and will be awesome on highway trips. Have fun and keep us posted. I haven't seen a new PD in blue in the flesh.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal