i30 Owners Club

Pioneer Headunit with Factory Reverse Camera 2016 GD2

mrhele · 3 · 1542

Offline mrhele

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi All,

So I have hit a complete brick wall with this head unit. Pioneer AHV-z5100dab.

The car is a i30 GD2 2016 model.

I purchased all the proper aftermarket harnesses, from Aerpro.

So I currently have the head unit installed and working as normal. Took a little bit of research to actually get all the functions working, due to not having the brake bypass switch.

I have all the steering controls working via the Aerpro loom, radio connected into factory loom using the iso loom. USB from the head unit to the factory USB plug doesn't work using the aerpro APHYUSB2, so I simply have the Pioneer USB plug hanging out under the dash.

The Reverse camera adaptor APVHY01 is no good for the i30 as this car did not come with factory sat nav. I have tried to cut the plug off, and splice it into the factory loom, going off the wiring diagram on the factory head unit but have had no luck.

Is anyone able to assist with this issue? I am at a loss as to what wires I need to display a image from the camera to the head unit.

I am sorry in advance if this has been covered but I have searched and only  found android devices being spoken about.

Many thanks

Nik
  • i30 GD2

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
According to their website :link: Hyundai i30 2012-2016 GD, GD2 | Aerpro the usb adaptor should be APHYUSB4 for non navigation units.

I cant help with the video retention leads but best to check the website to make sure the correct primary harness was used as there is no video retention lead for the non nav units.

Offline mrhele

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Don't know how I missed that USB adapter.

Ill grab it and test, but still stuck on the Video...

Thanks again.

Nik
  • i30 GD2

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal