i30 Owners Club

FD Front Parker LED Choices?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The front parker globes in the FD are T-10 21W incandescent. I put some very cheap eBay LEDs (about 16c each) in their place and they haven't fared well, degrading into what is now a barely visible flickering trace of blue-white, not that it's an emergency, since the LED switchback DRLs are doing a brilliant job (see what I did there?).

I'm reaching out to anyone who has replaced these with LEDs for advice on what to get. One challenge that narrows the field is that it cannot be much wider than the contact blade itself or it won't go in from the back of the cluster.

For those recommending against the flat circuit board style wedge for tendency to shift, no problem: I'll be modifying such an option appropriately.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Looking at something as slim as this but with some assurance of reasonable brightness, at least for a parker:

:link: 2 X COOL WHITE 12V T10 13SMD CANBUS LED GLOBE REPLACEMENTS 286 LUMENS 2PCS | eBay

Offline mrexcitement

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I use these , i fitted them over a year ago and they are still working like new , not cheap but like you i was sick of the cheap ebay crap malfunctioning after a short while.

https://www.blingworkauto.com.au/pair-philips-t10-w5w-ultinon-led-6000k-white-light
  • 2010 FD WAGON ,DIESEL 1.6, AUTO, SKY BLUE

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks, mate. Good to see a shape and Lumen figure I recognise. :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal