i30 Owners Club

Slow or unresponsive i30 SatNav 2013 i30 CRDi Premium?

Offline PremiumCRDi

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Bought a 2013 Hyundai i30 CRDi 1.6 Turbo diesel in 2017 with 100,000 KM's.  Has a great SatNav head unit.  Unfortunately by mid 2019 it started to become unresponsive to the Agree button and would not activate until at least 15 minutes had elapsed.  Drove us crazy!  Back to Hyundai dealer 4 times and always told "they all do this eventually" or "it's faulty and need new $3,000 head unit".  2 months ago in 2022 I thought I'd hit the start button and just sit there until Agree became active.  Once in I then went to every section of the unit to look for possible software or firmware issues when I finally found in history folder/ past journeys or stored journeys.  It was storing everywhere we drove for tens of thousands of Km's for no good reason so I selected "store past journeys?"  Yes/no?  I pressed no.  It then flashed the screen twice and the folder was emptied so I pressed "do not store journeys".  Went back to main map screen and pressed start button to off.  Pressed start button again and now the Agree was greyed out for maybe 2 seconds then went white, pressed white and map page up in 1/2 second!!!!!!!!!  Has worked perfect ever since.  How clever am I?
  • 2013 Hyundai Premium CRDi

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
How clever am I?

V-e-r-y! :goodjob2:  (Thanks for sharing, it may help someone else).
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal