i30 Owners Club

Australian examples of service cost

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I just got the 30 k service done at Morley City. $600 and a lot of stuffing around later not going back there again. Ever. Will use db8's mechanic from now on for both the i30 and the wife's Accent.

The service bit was ok, they adjusted the handbrake as asked and must have adjusted the gear shift linkages too because it feels better.

However they tempted me with the offer of a free loan car, so I decided to service with them. What I got instead was a 20 minute wait until they realised that my loan car never came back the night before, further time wasting to find an alternate vehicle, and finally they gave me a bloody Navara. What a POS that is... Current model with demo kilometres, big, heavy, gutless and drinks like an alcoholic, even though it's diesel. Of course when you lug a couple of tonnes with a tiny 2.2 L Diesel engine, there is not enough torque to push that tank around. The ute was almost out of fuel, the light came on just on leaving the yard. Not happy at all...

Oh well no more business from me except for buying an other car from them in the future.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Thanks for that info.  :goodjob2:
I have booked my car into my mechanic for the 7500 km service this week and I have to admit I had been having second thoughts, wondering if I should go to Morley Hyundai for it instead.
You just helped me confirm my initial thoughts.  :)
Even with fixed priced servicing, I know it will be cheaper at my mechanic's plus I know I can trust them implicitly.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Hati
I'm with you,even going to somewhere I know I am so pissed off,I had a 60000 k service done on Cyril last Friday,even that service was not quoated as high as yours(mind you not a lot cheaper)thats why I supplied my own parts and oils,cut $300 of the bill.

I just can't get  over supposed trades PPL's lack of professionalism and such poor quality of work these days and I only found that out by a run of inconsistancies yesterday,Not long calmed down about it last night and just thinking about it and starting to type this,I find myself smashing at the keyboard,maybe try to retype it tomorrow night   :argh: :argh:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal