i30 Owners Club

iPhone iOS6 Upgrade and Bluetooth Connecitivy problems - 2011 i30

mjt57 · 5 · 2764

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
I've upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 6. Tonight on the way into work I tried to listen to something on it through the car BT.

It paired normally, the app in question (Tune In Radio Pro) was open, but nothing was coming from the speakers.

When I got to work and turned the car off, suddenly I could hear the app through the phone's speakers.

I'm wondering if iOS6 has introduced a bug or whether it's a once off.

• 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline ricardo172

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I can get Pandora to play ok but it depends on how good the Vodaphone signal is (not brilliant where I live). Recoeded stuff is no problem. Sometimes you have to activate it twice to get it to connect. :)
  • i30 trophy 2.0l auto

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
Since posting this question (and forgetting about it), I've had no further issues except that somethings it fails to pair automatically. I have to go into settings on the phone to select the i30's radio to pair it.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I had the same issue with the system and the 3GS but it has not happened since I did this

I wonder if the following would help, there are reports that it updates Bluetooth as well, probably meaning new phones as they come to market maintaining compatibility!

For UK owners at least there is a software update for our units which fixes the Bluetooth issue of only displaying the first track on your device and more importantly switches on traffic updates in the satnav system. 

I presume that there are other upgrades and patches too, I need to research more to see what they are.

I have just downloaded and installed in the i40, a pretty painless process, but don't believe the bit on the site where it says insert the USB drive and the update will take a couple of minutes, it's more like 20 minutes!

Here is the link

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-HyundaiEMEA-Site
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
An update; my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 refuses to auto pair to the radio now. I have to manually go into settings and to force it to do so manually.

My wife's Android phone auto-pairs with it no problems.

Just wondering if any other iPhone users are experiencing this...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal