i30 Owners Club

iPhone Connectivity on 2010 i30

Offline foo_addict

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I've done a search and can't find anything recent...

Since buying the car new I've always connected my iPhone to my 2010 i30 using the official cable (the one that plugs into the USB and 3.5mm jack). I only really use it to listen to Spotify, but its nice to have the song/artist display on the screen. When the iPhone changed from 32 pin to a lightning port, I simply bought the Apple adapter and used this on the cable. However, over the years and iOS update after iOS update, the chances of the phone connecting have reduced greatly - often resorting to multiple tries to get it to work. The latest couple of Apple updates seem to have put the nail in the coffin and it will no longer connect, giving 'iPod Empty' or 'Connection Error' as the reasons.

Is this happening to others? Or is it simply a case of my cable is broken and simply replacing it will solve my problems?

Can anyone recommend a current working cable/method to connect my iPhone and still display the song/artist on the car display? And although less appealing, if anyone has a way without it displaying the song/artist I'd also be interested to hear that.

Many thanks in advance....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:26:55 by foo_addict »
  • i30 + i30 Touring

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal