i30 Owners Club

Unable to open the rear passenger door (i30), either from the inside, or outside

JohnRu · 3 · 3040

Offline JohnRu

• 1st Gear

• West Sussex
Hi folks,

I’d appreciate some help with a 2009, i30 Comfort. I am unable to open the rear left passenger door, either from the inside, or the outside.
I’m pretty certain that the childproof lock is engaged on this door, hence this would explain why I can’t open it from the inside.

I have tried, by opening the window and reaching in…. then constantly alternate pressing lock unlock on the remote with one hand while "helping" the lock button in same direction with other hand. This unfortunately after repeated attempts it does not work from me.

I can see the central locking mechanism move slightly/flinch when I press the central locking fob, but there doesn’t seem to be enough force to unlock it.

I have attempted to remove the three screws that hold the door card. Namley the screw behind the door opening lever, the Philips screw holding the door panel at the armrest. There is one further screw in the side of the panel close to the lock, but despite part removing a bit of trim, I have been unable to remove the third screw.

Having removed the rear door panel on the opposite side of the car before, I know I need to remove these three screws before I can pop the “poppers” around the perimeter of the door card. Having done this, I should then be able to get the door card off.

I am at a loss as to what to do next and would appreciate any pearls of wisdom.

Thanks
  • i30 (59 Plate)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
There is a discussion here about the rear door problem. Check our search

To get that last screw, my solution has been to unbolt door hinges, swing door out and rest it on a milk crate etc. Find a short philips bit (drill kit or impact) and use a ring spanner through the gap.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: John,

Sorry to hear that. Searches can be tricky even for me, but see if this thread helps.

:link: RHS rear door and tailgate not unlocking
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal