NO CONTRACEPTION ,NO DOLE

eye30 · 10 · 1952

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Picked this up from another forum I frequent so can any Oz member help with a link as it say I have limited access and is won't access page....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au

Anyone care to comment?

==========================

Headline in Australia's "The Australian" newspaper

NO CONTRACEPTION ,NO DOLE

IF a person’s sole source of income is the taxpayer, the person, as a condition of benefit, must have contraception. No contraception, no benefit.

This is not an affront to single mothers or absent fathers, or struggling parents. Such a measure will undoubtedly affect strugglers, it undoubtedly will affect Aboriginal and Islander people in great proportions, but the idea that someone can have the taxpayer, as of right, fund the choice to have a child is repugnant.

Large families of earlier generations were the result of the combination of absent contraception and the need to have many children, in order that some survive to care for parents in old age.

These conditions do not now apply. Infant mortality is minuscule in all sectors of society, and the taxpayer picks up the tab for aged care.

Therefore, there should be no taxpayer inducement to have children. Potential parents of poor means, poor skills or bad character will choose to have children. So be it. But no one should enter parenthood while on a benefit.

It is better to avoid having children until such time as parents can afford them. No amount of ‘‘intervention’’ after the fact can make up for the strife that many parents bring down on their ­children.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

drew peacock
it's a huge problem in the uk this dole scrounging
single mums and those pretending to be sick must cost the country billions every year..removing their balls seems a great idea to me

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I can access the article either, it's subscriber only.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Surely, it can only apply to females?   An unemployed male would have no need for contraception

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Subscriber article,but if it is True I have absolutely NO issue with it,I have to have random Drug tests,if caught,I don't get paid or go back to work until cleared,then I'm on probation again,I also say Social security recipients should also have random drug and alcohol testing done to recieve their benefits.

Tax payer funded social security is to aid the less fortunate to live not get Drunk or get High
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It's been doing the rounds on facebook for months as a banner "Share if You Agree" but whether or not the Australian is actually running it I can't say.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
It's been doing the rounds on facebook for months as a banner "Share if You Agree" but whether or not the Australian is actually running it I can't say.

On the web site scoll down and there is a link to the story

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 983 using Tapatalk 2

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Here is a link to the story via another news service.

:link: Gary Johns suggests linking the dole to contraception

I don't think it would get up.  Too hard (and therefore expensive) to administer and police.  What if the contraceptive didn't work (it does happen). 

Education would be a better and cheaper option.  Education about the benefits of education; a lot of people here in Tasmania don't see any benefit in education (they don't send their kids to school) and they are usually the ones that end up on welfare.  More importantly, education about life choices.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I think the easier option is to limit social security payments to 2 children (or make over 2 kids a deduction from taxable income). Obviously there would need to be safe guards for multiple births etc (within reason, no octomums taking risky embryo implants

Would have a big effect on limiting the dodgy old Tarago vans filled with children of a certain religious persuasion I see driving around. If you want the luxury of more than two kids, that's fine, but the support will be a deduction from the tax you pay on the income you make.

You need to remember with the dole there has very rarely been full employment, so there will always be a percentage of people who are never going to have a job. The harder you make it for them, the more likely you are to meed them armed with a knife and the intention to deprive you of your valuables....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
This is not a political statement, just an observation.  :)   ;)
Scott Morrison who has been successful in "stopping the boats" has now been given carriage of the social services portfolio with a view to stopping the huge amount of social security rorting that has taken place for years.
It will be interesting to see what he does.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal