i30 Owners Club

hipposniper paint

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
Had an independent paint inspection was carried out on my paint ... Details as follows..

"Very small dirt inclusions and fibre particles in the paintwork can be seen upon close inspection in isolated ares around the vehicle. It is possible to see the dirt ingress in the base coat layer which is under the clearcoat layer, some of which would have been protruded out of the paint finished surface
There are two to three dirt ingress particle's pre panel on average. It is my professional opinion that the dirt ingress has been present during the painting process. The attempts to try and remove the imperfection by sanding and polishing have been unsuccessful , the imperfections are still visible,how ever if you inspect the Vehcile from the distance of 2 meters ( which is the industry standard ) the imperfection can not be visualised only when the affected ares are inspected closely can they be seen.

In order to remove the defects so as they are no longer visible, it wound require refinishing of all the affected ares."

Hyundai's reply

They confirm they are NOT be offering a repair to the vehicle as THEY are satisfied that the finish of the vehicle is Representative of the standards of the finish by the manufacture,. (with in the industry standards of 2 meters ) Hyundai UK have confirmed they will not be in postion to offer a repair to the vehicle as External appearance defects, are considered to be of minor cosmetic nature and having no effect upon general appearance , quality or safety of the vehicle or which are Representative of the standards and finish by the manufacturer. Hyundai UK have confirmed that the paint work is of an acceptable standard as a result can not agree the paint work has failed

:disapp: so wrong... Never am i buying Hyundai again. loopholes for loopholes

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
its wrong how you've been jerked around ray.  :disapp:  I'll bet it affects your trade in also.  :faint: :mad:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'll bet it affects your trade in also.  :faint: :mad:

Good point. Find a friend in the 2nd hand car trade who can give you two valuations: one as it stands and one if it were repaired. Make sure the difference roughly equates to what it would cost Hyundai to re-finish, say, £400
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

the colour of the car is vivid blue, here are the offending marks.... least the inspector didnt say these was stonechips like people at Hyundai said they were  :disapp: :o :disapp: :o :disapp:

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

been through the warranty book, NO where does it say it has to be noticeable from 2 meters... 10yr paint warranty my flipping foot... so cross

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

been there mate, was told i had to go to Trading standards been there aswell  ( helpfull and will be contacting them again) and now going to watchdog about it... so sick of it and how Hyundai have treated me.. has really put me off buying another Hyundai ever again

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Sorry to read this, can understand your feeling.
did you do a full close inspection of the car before paying & taking it from dealer? i know you have probably explained this in the past & i have missed it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Ray..

I feel your pain. :disapp: I would be right pi$$ed off too and would follow every avenue until it was sorted (Sounds like you are trying that) :sweating:

Over here we have a couple of TV shows that pick up on stories like this and make so much noise that they get sorted... Do you have anything like that over there?? :idea:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hey Ray, that is so wrong, you sometimes wonder about wht there seems to be variation of what is and isn't warranty across the dealer network.......

Dazz, Watchdog which Ray mentioned is one of those programmes, unfortunately they only tend to cover multiple complaints across the country against the same company....

However typing this has reminded me that there is a column in AutoExpress every week, where they chase the manufacturer and right wrongs for you, might be worth getting a copy and seeing if they will help you out Ray!

Sent from my 1000et
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

cool i try that they are adamant that it fall with in their standards... yer but not mine and I'm the customer, looks like they don't want me to but another car  from them, feel like writing up a petition along with all the photos and the examiners report against their decision and hand it  in to the the head office in Europe as you guys agree with me that, they are wrong lol :disapp:, no where in the warranty booklet does it say .. defects in paint has to be viewed from a distance of 2 meters, but it does say, any defects contact the dealer strait away to get it repaired

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
cool i try that they are adamant that it fall with in their standards... yer but not mine and I'm the customer, looks like they don't want me to but another car  from them, feel like writing up a petition along with all the photos and the examiners report against their decision and hand it  in to the the head office in Europe as you guys agree with me that, they are wrong lol :disapp:, no where in the warranty booklet does it say .. defects in paint has to be viewed from a distance of 2 meters, but it does say, any defects contact the dealer strait away to get it repaired

Just thought i would point out, you could explaine the problem is, you are much closer than two meters from the car every time you get in & drive it and you look at those paint falts & get depressed. ( i did not know you had gone to metric measurement in GB?)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
( i did not know you had gone to metric measurement in GB?)

Most commodities, say 99%, weights and measure are shown as metric but for a number of commodities people still refer to the weight or volume as the imperial.

The best thing in life are still imperial -- Beer still sold by the pint or half pint.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

lol still dont help that the fact my cars got nacked paint

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just had a brilliant idea  :razz:  Go to the most prominent and conspicuous place that you can (somewhere near the Royal wedding would be good) :idea:

Get some (soft) tree branches and start whipping your car Basil Fawlty Style  :wacko:

You will get on TV and articles in the paper.. When they interview you explain about your paint problem  :whistler:

:tomato:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^--- fkin brilliant idea  :hatoff:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
you could always print your frustration on to a t shirt.  :idea:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
you could always print your frustration on to a t shirt.  :idea:

A wet T shirt would be best - your nipples could represent the paint blisters.............. :winker:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :rofl:

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

thanks guys you know how to cheer someone up  :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
thanks guys you know how to cheer someone up  :)
a good laugh can help with anger ray.  :mrgreen:  did you work out your next move about your paint problem?  :winker:

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

i have no idea, thought about going to trading standards again apart from that ... CRY

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
.. or keep a minimum distance of 2 metres from Heidi  :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal