Cameron from Queensland

Maximum · 21 · 5846

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
Hey guys,

I'm not exactly an i30 Owner but I am a Hyundai guy through and through. I am a salesperson for a Hyundai dealer so I get all the first info on new cars coming through, I personally drive a Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon and the partner drives a Hyundai Getz in Yellow so I'm definitely tied up in the brand.

I'm also a moderator on the Veloster forum and like to be able to give out information as it comes to me (as long as it isn't confidential!  :sweating:) so you're likely to get some fun little facts about i30s as they come. I'll list a couple below:

i30 Tourer (I know you already know) released.
i30 3 Door will be coming from Europe as a pricepoint car aimed below the 5 door.
i30 SR will be released about 3rd or 4th Quarter of this year
i30 Facelift being considered (very minor)

Any questions, happy to help!  :winker:
  • Veloster Turbo Manual in Marmalade

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi Cameron. Ny sister in law bought an Accent from your dealership just after they were released. (with my input).

:wink: As a mod I can see your e-mail address. Don't think everyone can.  :cool:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome to the forum Maximum,

Good info, thanks.

There may be some questions coming your way, I feel. Glad you're ok with that.  :goodjob2:

Let me start the ball rolling,

Can you confirm the i30 diesel has a dual mass flywheel. :question: :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
I'm looking forward to the SR coming so I can get some of those genuine fog lamp/drl lights.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
Thanks for the warm welcome guys  :goodjob2:

I'm not sure about the Dual Mass Flywheel  to be honest, I haven't delved into it that far.

In regards to the Fog/DRL combination lamp, I believe it's the same part that the i30 Tourer will have so see if you can get one of those and it should be the same part  :winker:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum & thanks for the heads up.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :wttc: and :thanx:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
Thanks again for the welcome - once again I'm here to help so if anyone has any questions - please don't hesitate to ask  :cool:

Also - if any Queenslanders are chasing an i30, I am also more than happy to help you out with the hatches, Tourer's or the 3 doors and SRs when they get here later this year  :goodjob2:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day mate and welcome.

What's your take on the annoying rattle under the drivers console in the FD I30cw?

I got rid of the glove box rattle with a couple of strategically placed rubber surface protectors but am struggling to get the dealer to take on the consistent rattle from the drivers foot well. Hyundai haven't answered my email....

Did you say the new tourer is getting the DRL?

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
Hey beerman,

To be completely honest I haven't driven one for long enough to hear the rattle you're talking about and I haven't heard of it before either.

ALL i30 GD Tourers (including Actives) will have the LED Daytime Running Light assembly  :happydance:

ouri30
Welcome Maximum (or is that Marmalade?),

Yes, I've been on the Veloster forum as you can possibly deduce.  It's great to have you on board.

Bob (Ouri30 and also TjaliWalpa on some forums).

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
Love to lend a hand mate! Good to see some people I know  ;)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome  Maximum
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Cameron ... We will find your updates interesting I'm sure .. :goodjob:

Hopefully, you will be able to help with some of the trickier questions like the Dual Mass Flywheel and CW rattle going forward  :whistler: (May certainly help to earn some customers from the site)  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Cameron - welcome aboard and thanks for the useful tips you've handed out already :goodjob:

We look after all our members here, and Hyundai representatives (sales, aftersales, servicing) usually look forward to excellent returns on their time spent here ;)

Quote from: Maximum
I'm not exactly an i30 Owner
We can't all be perfect :P

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
Haha thanks.  At the end of the day im here to help, not really for the returns  :)

Its still a Hyundai ;)

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!

In regards to the Fog/DRL combination lamp, I believe it's the same part that the i30 Tourer will have so see if you can get one of those and it should be the same part  :winker:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely look into it. I imagine to get an "as factory" fit I will need the looms and indicator stalks too, also possibly some other stuff... Anyway, thanks & welcome.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard fellow Hyundai enthusiast.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Haha thanks.  At the end of the day im here to help, not really for the returns  :)

Its still a Hyundai ;)

Its good to see someone take an interest. Whilst no doubt there are some good salespeople out there, it is concerning when you go to talk to one when it is time to buy, and you know more about their product than they do.... When I was buying my second FD the dealer was all excited about the Tourer having found out about it that day, I had read it on here 3 weeks before, and knew more about the specs and models than he did.

Why do you think the I40 has been slow to take off? The reviews seem positive enough, yet I don't see many on the road. I would have thought the bigger car, getting close to I30 economy (in the diesel) would have been a winner?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Maximum

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Boosting!
I am always on top of news in regards to new Hyundai's. I've ticked off my manager a Couple of times knowing stuff before he does. The other day I told him we are getting the 3 door is and he said we wouldn't end up getting it. A couple of days later we had a meeting where he confirmed my statement.  :rofl:

I really do love My Cars and I think it shows when customers I deal with actually comment Saying so  :P

In regards to the i40 I think its because it looks expensive and people Iook at it and say it's a large car anyway so they dont bother asking about it. It's a shame because its a worthy car and you can pickup a base auto petrol For 30 on the road in a sedan or About 32k for a Tourer

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal