i30 Owners Club

How can the defect be repaired?

Udi · 6 · 1742

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
I mark the part, how can I close the profit after a bad installation?
The space between the car and the plastic part is large

• I wany to bey

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Is it loose?

The bumper side corner section would push into and lock into this clip which keeps that gap snug. So it could be broken, the tabs on the bumper could also be broken and not lock in or the body work that the bracket attches to could be bent out of alignment if you've had a hit there. That's all I can think of. You won't really know unless you remve the bumper in that corner and have a look.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Is there evidence of damage or respray?

Do you have picture of other side to compare?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline huntdm

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Florey, ACT
I had a similar situation on the same Premier model when the rear bumper section bottommed going over a high gutter.  The guard clipped back in quite easily, however the bottom clip was broken.  Repairer wanted to pull the whole guard off and replace clip.  In the end I got a small thin 1cm square right angled metal bracket from Bunnings which conveniantly had holes drilled in each side, glued it to the guard, held it in place with gaffa tape, let the glue fully dry overnight,  and then screwed the remaining side of the bracket it back into the hole where broken clip was mounted.  It has been like this now for over 12 months and never moved.  Virtually a few cents for the bracket.  If I remember correctly I used a pair of tin snips to round off the edges of the bracket where it screwed back on the original mounting position.
  • i30 Premium Hatch

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I had a similar situation on the same Premier model when the rear bumper section bottommed going over a high gutter.  The guard clipped back in quite easily, however the bottom clip was broken.  Repairer wanted to pull the whole guard off and replace clip.  In the end I got a small thin 1cm square right angled metal bracket from Bunnings which conveniantly had holes drilled in each side, glued it to the guard, held it in place with gaffa tape, let the glue fully dry overnight,  and then screwed the remaining side of the bracket it back into the hole where broken clip was mounted.  It has been like this now for over 12 months and never moved.  Virtually a few cents for the bracket.  If I remember correctly I used a pair of tin snips to round off the edges of the bracket where it screwed back on the original mounting position.
Good Old Aussie Ingenuity  !    :goodjob2:  :goodjob:  :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Is it loose?

Wow, that looks really loose  :faint: :faint:

But wait, there are still six more pix to come..... Gerard is holding out on us.  :mrgreen:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal