i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth can it be updated?

Aughy · 4 · 1354

Offline Aughy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
I had my I30 in for a service last week. They gave me a 2014 model I10 courtesy car. As I usually do I arranged for them to phone me when my car was ready and so I synched my android phone with the I10s bluetooth as I reckon its safer when they phone me.

I had some music on the phone so I used the I10 bluetooth to play it from the phone. Whilst doing this I discovered that the rocker switch on the steering wheel which changes radio channels now allowed me to move frorwards and backwards through the music stored on the phone.

Although my I30 has all the same buttons on the steering wheel my corresponding rocker switch does not do this and I just have to listen to the music as it progresses without being able to change it like the I10 allows me to.

Can anyone tell me is this new wiring or is it an updated firmware for the bluetooth or something else?

• 2012 I30 Blue Active Diesel 1600

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I dont know if it should or not. someone else is sure to know.
I'm pretty sure it will be part of the audio unit software.
I don't know of any upgrades for that if it is already working as normal.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
My 2011 i30 (Australian model) with the FD-01 head unit allows me to go to the next or previous tracks when BT streaming audio. However, if I'm listening to a podcast using the "Casts" app, if the podcast finishes it won't start any of the other casts stored on the device.

• 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline Aughy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
The I10 did this but playing the same music in my car does not. I never tried pod casts
  • 2012 I30 Blue Active Diesel 1600

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal