i30 Owners Club

Cruise Control

pedro · 25 · 6877

Offline pedro

• 2nd Gear
Hi guys just wanted to see if anyone else has heard the rumor that diesel i30 may have a chance at a factory cruise system installed?
I asked my dealer and they said the wiring harness ect ect is different and no way it can be retrofitted. I suppose im just still annoyed at the oversight on such a great car otherwise.
Has anyone heard or seen an aftermarket install use the factory cruise buttons? It doesnt sound like a huge deal to just change which key pad is used other than if they can still send a signal through the steering column, the aftermarket ones always look cheap and seem to be in the way.
Also my dealer said they can organise an aftermarket system to be added however if any problems arise my factory warranty is null and void.
Finally is there any use (in your opinions) if we are to contact hyundai and put pressure on for a cruise to be made available.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
All good questions Pedro, unfortunatley though i dont have the answers.

I have seen the aftermarket cruise fitted and it looked ok. I think there is a picture of one posted on this site somewhere. I have had aftermarket cruise fitted on cars in the past and never had a problem with them. I have'nt fitted on my i30 yet. I intend to at some point, maybe when the tax return arrives, if my wife has'nt already spent it. :oops:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Pedro,

Suggest you search "cruise control" or just "Cruise" on the site, there is heaps about it on here somewhere...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30cruzer

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I30 diesel will be coming out with Cruise control standard within 6 months......so my dealer tells me..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
From postings elsewhere on this site sounds like cc on diesel only weeks away (not months)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline pedro

• 2nd Gear
Yeah unfortunatly my gripe is i hate the add on look of aftermarket stuff on a new car. If hyundai can supply a "kit" to add cruise to my car id be as happy as a pig in S&*T.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
i would have to agree, if i had SLX the after market CC would not look right, but on the SX looks alright.

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Just saw new i30 CRDI ad on tv boasting about the 5 star rating.
At the end of the ad it says "now with cruise control".

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Dave,

Did it state now standard with cruise, or now with cruise?
Cruise has'nt been available for the deisel till now, so to say now with cruise could mean to say that it is available with the deisel option.
It just seems that as the sx model in the petrol didnt have cruise, why would they make it available on the deisel equivalent? Does that mean that cruise is now standard on the sx petrol as well?
Maybe its like they say on their adds.....Now thats generous!

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

The ad was only about the turbo CRDI, no mention of models

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Very interesting.
Man....I really wanted cruise too :cry:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Man....I really wanted cruise too :mrgreen:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Shambles,

That was quick!
I'll pay that one. :lol:

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

Penelope is 'Cruz' so it must be Tom  ;)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Yeah OK, its Tom.

Just dont let my wife in on my little secret. :lol:

Actually, did'nt mind his first wife either. Our very own Nicole Kidman. She was too good for him.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi guys,  Hate to be the bearer of bad news but after doing some research, I stick by my verdict. Only the SLX model will come with Cruise control, both deisel and petrol. :(

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Emya i got an SX with Cruise control ;)  it works never had a problem yet.
i would be more excited if they bought out a sports handling option or a 6 speed gearbox

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "Lakes"
i would be more excited if they bought out a sports handling option or a 6 speed gearbox

Lakes, agree fully with you about the 6 speed gear box, I find myself looking for another gear once I hit 95klm/h.
The cruise you speak of is aftermarket right?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Quote from: "Lakes"

Lakes, agree fully with you about the 6 speed gear box, I find myself looking for another gear once I hit 95klm/h.
The cruise you speak of is aftermarket right?

Eyma, yes the Cruise i have is aftermarket it is the only extra i ordered, the dealer just said he could have it fitted as he knew i wanted that.
but i drove down past Narooma and back without useing it this weekend, i love the princess Hwy if i have a car that can pull hills strong and handle ok. was a fun drive down too. enjoyed my trip. my friends live on a beach so it's nice visiting them.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Lakes,

There are some rally nice spots there on the south coast, Narooma is great, got to watch that notorious sand bar if your putting out a boat though. It has claimed many a vessel, and human life for that matter :(
I think the south coast is very under-rated. There are some of the prettiest beaches in OZ on the south coast, and as you say, half the fun is the drive there on those hilly windy roads.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Lakes,

There are some rally nice spots there on the south coast, Narooma is great, got to watch that notorious sand bar if your putting out a boat though. It has claimed many a vessel, and human life for that matter :(
I think the south coast is very under-rated. There are some of the prettiest beaches in OZ on the south coast, and as you say, half the fun is the drive there on those hilly windy roads.

Eyma, I agree 100% m8.
hey i was thinking to myself and wondering why the i30 CRDi felt so good on the princess Hwy and i'm thinking it's all to do with air quality as on that road you are about at sea level , were as when i drive out west i cross the great devide and some parts i'm @ 3,500 above sea level probably get a TQ & power loss

Offline lozza

• 2nd Gear
have had a cc fitted to an 08 if your interested. cost $1000 aussie in a remote country town so I quess I paid a premium for that. Price included professional fitting and took a little over an hour. Have had no issues. As with the factory cc it launches when you set it then settles down to the set speed. you can overcome most of this by staying in the highest gear you can when you set it. Had to go for this option as Hyundai offered no solutiuons after near begging for factory item.

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
Hi,
Can I have more details from your dealer such as the brand and the model of the cc and if it is possible to fit it by my self.
Thanks

Offline reecho

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I fitted a Command AP800 cruise to my CRDi...Using the dual resume stalk. This looks great in the i30....not out of place at all. The kit is exceptionally smooth on the road....very impressed..!!

Offline lozza

• 2nd Gear
don't know i you looking at the other thread on CC but I have given all my answers in there and a pic of the stalk in my car. hope this helps

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal