i30 Owners Club

Hi from Perth WA

Cindy · 37 · 7521

Offline Cindy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

• Perth, WA 2011 Hyper Silver SLX 2.0 Auto
I thought after spending so much time in here over the past couple of weeks it was about time I joined!  :D

I've been wanting to change from my Getz to an i30 ever since they came out and at long last that moment is soon to arrive!  Deal was done and dusted yesterday for a new Hyper Silver SLX 2.0 Auto.  Now all I have to do is 'patiently' wait while it clears customs etc.  Will be taking delivery before Christmas.  Nice pressie from me to me I say! lol

I just wanted to say 'Thank you' to all the members who post here.  Sooo much useful information for new and current owners.  I'm still wading my way through all the posts gleaning all the info I can on lots of things.  The place has been and still is a mine of information.

Look forward to sharing my thoughts on my new baby when she arrives!

Cindy

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome aboard, Cindy.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Cindy.. The i30 is more popular in WA than in any other State of Australia apparently.. (pro Rata) We have lots of happy Members over there  :happydance:

I Know Perth quite well as my eldest Daughter, My Elderly Dad and several good friends live there...  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi Cindy...  what a marvelous present to be receiving.  I am sure you'll be over the moon with it....    :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Have you decided on a name yet :question:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah, She's decided to call herself Cindy  :P :rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I guess I asked for that  :P

Offline Cindy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Yeah, She's decided to call herself Cindy  :P :rofl:

:rofl:  I was about to say the same thing myself.

No name decided yet.  Will wait until she is here and something will just 'fit'

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Welcome aboard Cindy :D

No name decided yet.  Will wait until she is here and something will just 'fit'
How about Kyracar or Ellacar? :whistler:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Cindy.

Might be a problem getting it down the chimney and under the Christmas tree.

Many K's of happy carefree motoring
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Welcome Cindy from the other side of this great country.
Great colour, too.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Welcome Cindy. I'm sure you'll get a lot of fun out both the forumand your new baby when she arrives.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard Cindy.  :razz:  you'll love your new ride.  :mrgreen: :Drive:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Oh and an afterthought...  do post some nice piccies of your new car when ya get chance, pleeeeezzzee   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Offline Cindy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Oh and an afterthought...  do post some nice piccies of your new car when ya get chance, pleeeeezzzee   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

He He!  I'm sure there will be plenty of pics to be taken.  I never thought I would have a 'new' car again so it's quite a big occasion for me  :happydance:

And 'thank you' all for being so nice to welcome me to the forum  :)

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
G'Day Cindy from the other side of the world, were we too drive on the right (Correct) side of the road :)

You will love your new car, done the same upgrade myself Getz-i30, its just so much better than the Getz, and the Getz was a great we car.

Health to drive, and I know this forum will help you with any queries you have, don't be afraid to ask questions either :)

And yes, Pictures please :) Enjoy your time with the forum
Happy Christmas <--- never to early
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline SandRsSR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Guildford, Western Australia
Hi from another Perth owner (Hyper Silver too). I hope your delivery hasn't been delayed, we had to wait 4 months for ours,but being an SR it may have been in shorter supply. Having driven a Getz a few years ago and being quite satisfied with it, I'm sure you will love the I30 a whole lot more.

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
 :i30: Great choice for Cindy (the doll girls loved to dress)  :happydance:
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
 :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: Welcome to the club Cindy, sorry I missed your post in the first place :blubber:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: Welcome to the club Cindy, sorry I missed your post in the first place :blubber:

He doesn't usually miss them Cindy (he was a Dog in a previous life)  :whistler:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

He doesn't usually miss them Cindy (he was a Dog in a previous life)  :whistler:

You're on fire tonight, mate..... :lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome Cindy from another Perth owner.

You will love it  :)

Dave
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Cindy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Haven't had a chance to get on here since just before Christmas, but 'Duggie' (1DUG ***) arrived as promised by the dealer.  It was not so good 'patiently' waiting until I finished work to go and pick him up though! lol  Also had a flower display and a bottle of wine compliments of the dealer which I thought was a nice little touch to make the purchase of a new car even more special.

I am thrilled with my new car!  :happydance:

Love the Hyper Silver colour with the titanium charcoal wheels, people keep asking me if they were bought especially to match lol.  A pleasure to drive an auto again after having two manual Getz's for a few years.  Loaded a heap of music onto a USB stick which is great rather than having a heap of Cd's, and I'm very happy with the sound system.

I took off down to Albany to see my sister for Christmas.  Just over 800 kms round trip at a steady 110 kms per hr for the most part.  The trip said we achieved 7.9 ltrs/ 100 kms so I was very happy with that.  Infact when I topped up with fuel on the way down at my usual stop I put in the same amount of fuel as my Getz which I was not expecting!

No teething problems to note, so all in all I'm a very happy bunnie!!   :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I bought a cargo mat off Ebay that arrived the day before my trip.  Great material, waterproof rubbery stuff and very light, but I was disappointed that the shape of the mat was 'not' exactly the same shape as the cargo area.  There are two little 'wings' on the tail gate side of the mat.  In my cargo area I only have extra space on the drivers side of the boot, so there is a 6" flap that sticks up on the passenger side.  Although bought from an Australian seller the mat had been shipped from China and I was a bit p****d as I thought I would have to pay for postage to return the mat to China.  Anyway, sent a message to seller saying that the 'i30 mat' didn't actually fit my i30 and could they give me a return address and send me one that does fit.  They said they were very sorry it didn't fit.....they would issue a refund immediately (and they have).......they never re-sell returns so please keep the mat to make 'some' use of it.  So now I have a mat which is not quite a perfect fit.....but somehow doesn't seem 'quite' so bad as it was free!! lol

I bought a Sunland dash mat as I wanted one that covered whole dash, the one with the flap over the dash tray in the middle.  Looked great, but sadly a crap fit.  About 1/2 inch too short either side for the dash......if I lined up the square cut out for the dash tray opener handle thingy then the whole mat had to be right over to the drivers side leaving an even bigger gap on the passenger side, which also meant the hole for the sensor was no where near lined up!  My sister and I did 'try' to make it fit, could have cut the sensor hole bigger etc., but in the end the cut out for the tray opener was no where near in the right place and it bugged me!!  So I have taken it back and they are going to order me another one in the hope that the cut outs are better aligned.  So we shall see!

I've tried to add some pics with the photo bucket thingy but I'm having probs trying to reduce the size of my pics.  Working on it!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Cindy for the excellent update.. You are not having much luck with your accessories  :Shocked:

Can you trim the Boot mat? I have had trouble with dashmats in the past too (the quality control seems hit and miss unfortunately)  :disapp:

Offline Cindy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Hi Dazz

Yeah.......I might try trimming the mat, although it has webbing all around the edge to finish it off at the mo.  When you open the tail gate the mat looks great, it's only the bit right against the rear of the cargo area on the passenger side and is not immediately obvious, so I may just leave it.

Hmm...I'm hoping the quality control on teh dash mat is better in another batch too!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

When you get the next one try it on outside the shop ...(I know that sounds funny but I think you know what I mean)

Offline Cindy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA

HeHe......yeah I know what you mean.

I had planned on doing that this time, now I actually have the car.  These mats have a plastic coat hanger thing on one end stapled to the mat so hopefully they will be happy for me to take that off.  Well.....I did the last one and succesfully stapled it back on myself lol

I did make enquires at a couple of auto trimmers about getting a custom made one which would cost about $150.  Down side is that they would need the car for at least half a day and they use carpet, which sounds OK but I'm a bit concerned about fading etc.  The Sunland have a lifetime guarantee of no shrinkage, due to the harder backing I guess, and no fading.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The Genuine ones would probably fit better although I don't like the fact they don't cover the whole dash (kind of defeats the purpose)  :rolleyes:

Mind you the Factory one on my Hybrid doesn't fit that well either   :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal