Problem with central locking system

Asterix · 10 · 3165

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi

This summer during our vacation in Croatia we had a problem with the central locking system. Some times when the car had been parked locked for some hours the c-locks would not open the car. No responce on the remote and no signal from the turn lights.
I then opened the car by the key in the dorhandle, but then the alarm sets of, not very nice at a campsite. The alarm could be turned off by starting the car, but anyway. When we had this problem the preset channels on the radio also got lost, and the clock in the radio display was reset.

After experiencing this 3 times, we always locked the car by the key. After returning from the vacation, there have been no problems.

Have any of you guys expeienced anything similar..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I don't suppose there was a powerful communications tower of some kind close by.
I remember quite a few years ago in Canberra up on Black Mountain, quite often remote door lockers wouldn't work - and it could be intermittent so you could lock the car and come back to it like you said - no remote function. They even had signs advising visitors of the possibility.

For those of you overeas, here's a link explaining about Black Mountain.
http://www.blackmountaintower.com.au/
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Well, you could be right.
I only experienced it at our pitch at the campsite, and since it have not occoured any other place afterwards, it sounds likely that it was not the cars fault.

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I had a similar thing happen on the top of Mount Wellington near Hobart Tasmania (there are some big transmission towers up there) ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Now that I think of it, there was actually a few cars near us at the campsite, where the alarm went off some times, maybe they had the same problem as me  :confused:

Glad to hear I´m not the only one with this issue.

Thanks for your replys.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Yep, that happened to me once also, still dunno why ??????????????????    :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

lindlake
I had a similar thing happen on the top of Mount Wellington near Hobart Tasmania (there are some big transmission towers up there) ...
same here we had a hire car i had to lock the car by the key nice view up there when there was no fog

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i hadn't heard about high voltage powerlines playing games with central locking before,I'll be careful locking or unlocking the car near them from now on.  :Shocked: :scared:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I hadn't heard about high voltage powerlines playing games with central locking before,I'll be careful locking or unlocking the car near them from now on.  :Shocked: :scared:

Not high voltage power lines  :lol:  Radio Transmission towers and stuff like that ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I hadn't heard about high voltage powerlines playing games with central locking before,I'll be careful locking or unlocking the car near them from now on.  :Shocked: :scared:

Not high voltage power lines  :lol:  Radio Transmission towers and stuff like that ...
same difference,both can give you a brain tumor.  :whistler: :wacko:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal