i30 Owners Club

Alarm System

Diva · 6 · 2813

Offline Diva

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Sydney Australia - Deevzmobile White 2.0L SR
Can someone please tell me if the cars actually have a flashing light for the alarm? I see a section where this could be fitted, next to the ESP button. All i can see on mine are security stickers that say hyundai alarm system installed. I actually want to test the alarm, but am unsure if i have one?!?!

ouri30
Try opening the car using the standard key once you have locked it with the remote key fob.  To stop the alarm, put the spare key in the ignition.

I haven't tried it, but if you get someone to lock the car using the remote when you are sitting in it, then open the door to get out, I believe this sets off the alarm as well.

Bob

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The spare key system did work on mine.  
The dealer mentioned something about the ECU had been reprogramming so the spare key wouldn't activate the alarm when I opened the door. This was before I was provided with my 2nd remote.

So tested this way.

Sit in car and close all doors.
Remove ignition key from switch.
Hold remote in hand and press the lock button on the remote,
Wait 1 minute or so until alarm fully activated.
Pulling the bonnet release lever to unlock the bonnet.

The alarm will sound and lights flash.

(In the engine compartment, right side, there is a button which depresses when bonnet locked in place).

If you want to check/see lights are flashing etc.
Rather than sitting in car, open window by bonnet release lever.
Stand outside the car and close all doors.
Set alarm by pressing the lock on the remote.
When alarm is activated put arm into car to pull lever to open bonnet.

The alarm will sound and lights flash.

You can walk around the car to view.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Diva

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Thanks guys for your help :) so i sat in the car, as i couldn't actually reach the bonnet lever from the outside of my car ..... hahah yes im vertically challenged :) it's pretty damn loud, poor neighbours probably didn't appreciate it so early on a Sunday morning

bez10y
Quote from: "Diva"
Thanks guys for your help :) so i sat in the car, as i couldn't actually reach the bonnet lever from the outside of my car ..... hahah yes im vertically challenged :) it's pretty damn loud, poor neighbours probably didn't appreciate it so early on a Sunday morning

Hehehe, the dealer demo'd the alarm for me when I picked up the car, it's damned loud!

Glad to hear you have finally gotten your i30. If you have seen me about maybe I'll catch a glimpse of you :)

Offline Diva

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Yea. well i wish the dealer i got my car from  showed me, but it was a saturday ..... she had someone else waiting to pick up there car.. i was a little annoyed at the shrug off to be honest. They showed me my car in like a large garage where they sit the new cars..... it was fairly dark.so i didn't get the service i believed i deserved for handing over nearly 30K. Oh well i have worked it out due to this great forum.. well to all you ppl out there.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal