i30 Owners Club

Another HALO feature

FatBoy · 17 · 5115

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I'm not sure if anybody has posted this or is aware of one of the sub-functions of HALO.  A quick search had people either loving or hating HALO, I am indifferent.....

I have HALO enabled on my i30, and found an interesting feature when the wife and I went out the other day.  We had to drop some mail in the letter box and pulled up next to the box.  I know that the front doors will open when the handle is pulled on the inside, which is what I was expecting (ie. wife's door and only her door would open as per normal), but as I pulled up I put on the hazard lights.  As she opened the door, ALL doors unlocked.  I assume that this is a function of the hazard lights (ie. everybody needs to get out).

An interesting feature, but I can see why it happens.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good find Slim (you might be the first to mention/discover this ) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Ill try this later. Great spot if it works (I wasn't aware of it)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
There is no mention of the HALO system in my car manual - either in the Safety Features section or the Door Locks section - so I have no idea whether it is fitted, or if so, enabled.  I just tried my car and the hazard warning lights had no effect on the door locks.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
There is no mention of the HALO system in my car manual - either in the Safety Features section or the Door Locks section - so I have no idea whether it is fitted, or if so, enabled.  I just tried my car and the hazard warning lights had no effect on the door locks.

Page 4-11 in the manual.........Speed sensing door lock system.  My car has type B and auto unlocks when the ignition key is removed. Hyundai Automatic Locking Operation
You should hear the locks operate as you drive away if yours is active.

Mine is active much to my annoyance,. I can understand the reason for it in large cities where the risk of traffic light snatches exist.  But I live in rural area and pick up people  who  need to open the doors from the outside whilst I am still in the driving seat.
According to Hyundai literature this option should be explained to customers who should indicate whether they require it active or not......fat chance!  Mine gets deactivated at the first service shortly.

BTW I am aware that the door locking is controlled from a button on the driver's armrest to either activate a de-activated HALO or de-activate an activated HALO but it's a pain to locate quickly so I have stuck a 'hi-viz' button to it.

BTW2  My hazards do not release the locked doors either.  I wonder how many  other options are in the hands of the dealers' computers?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 15:44:37 by baradeur »

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Oops - I didn't know what Halo stood for. Here is page 4-11 in my manual - no mention of type B though.

My car does autolock at about 15 mph though.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Oops - I didn't know what Halo stood for. Here is page 4-11 in my manual - no mention of type B though.

My car does autolock at about 15 mph though

My manual is A2RO-UK11E for a 2011 model.
The speed sensing door lock system has two types
Type A locks at 25mph
Type B locks at 9mph

Why the difference I have no idea.  I can't remember who told me what HALO indicated but it wasn't my dealer!

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Yeah I have mine set on auto  lock bout 15 like you Alan...   but the photo makes things clearerererer....   I really must have a read at that book one of these days...   <sigh>

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

My car does autolock at about 15 mph though

My manual is A2RO-UK11E for a 2011 model.
The speed sensing door lock system has two types
Type A locks at 25mph
Type B locks at 9mph

Why the difference I have no idea.  I can't remember who told me what HALO indicated but it wasn't my dealer!

There's been plenty said about this

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=217.msg30058#msg30058
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I knew about HALO from my research before I bought my i30 but the salesman "insisted" on explaining it in detail when I took delivery.
In fact he was extremely thorough and talked through all the features before I drove away.
Very professional.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

The system for choosing settings has been improved in the new 2012 i30. The trip recorder now includes an option called "User Settings" which enables the driver to change a number of settings
These include :-
Auto door lock : Off or Speed set
Auto Door Unlock : off or Key Out
Headlamp delay : On or Off
One Touch Turn signal 3 blinks : On or Off
Welcome light : On or Off
Welcome sound : On or Off
Fuel economy display reset - On refuelling or manual
Eco driving - manual box shift indicator on or off
Temperature unit
Language to display

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^
That's nice and comprehensive Alan.
Does it apply to all models or only the upper end of the range. I don't have a trip recorder in mine.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The system for choosing settings has been improved in the new 2012 i30. The trip recorder now includes an option called "User Settings" which enables the driver to change a number of settings

That is a great addition! Isn't it Alan? :goodjob:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

^^^
That's nice and comprehensive Alan.
Does it apply to all models or only the upper end of the range. I don't have a trip recorder in mine.

I had a browse through the owners manual when at the dealers yesterday and noted the info to reply to this thread - I don't recall it mentioning that it only applied to certain models.

Whilst browsing I took a look at the Radio cum DVD cum iPod cum bluetooth phone section. I reckon you need a PhD or even a MsC in advanced buttonology and menuology to be able to use it. Oh for the days when a radio had an on/off and volume control knob, a band change button and a tuning knob.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Whilst browsing I took a look at the Radio cum DVD cum iPod cum bluetooth phone section. I reckon you need a PhD or even a MsC in advanced buttonology and menuology to be able to use it. Oh for the days when a radio had an on/off and volume control knob, a band change button and a tuning knob.

that is a lot of cum to deal with Alan  :eek: :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

that is a lot of cum to deal with Alan  :eek: :whistler:

:Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
 :whsaid: :Dunno: :faint:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal