AlanHo · 11 · 10297

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Nifty

Your thread asking for the dimensions of the new i30 boot has been lost in the forum saga

Here it is again in case you didn't download it.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 19:23:25 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Ever had that dejavu feeling?  :scared:
or the movie,groundhog day.  :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Ever had that dejavu feeling?  :scared:
or the movie,groundhog day.  :lol:

Why, this is a new one.  :exclaim:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks for reposting the diagram Mr Ho. I'll copy it to Tech Data - it'll sit nicely in there :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Like it did last time  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Nifty

Your thread asking for the dimensions of the new i30 boot has been lost in the forum saga

Here it is again in case you didn't download it.

Isn't the 'previous boot floor' dimension  for the full sized spare wheel version?

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

My previous car was a Premium version with a full size spare as shown in my profile.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
My previous car was a Premium version with a full size spare as shown in my profile.

No need to make a point! How was I to know that the drawing related to your car? As you probably know there is 7.5cm difference in the boot floor height of the previous model depending on whether a space saver or full size wheel is fitted.

Using the vertical dimensions of 75 previous and 80 new  does the latter  also refer to a full size spare i.e. is the new boot floor 5cm lower than the previous model?

BTW any reason why centimetres not millimetres?

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

No need to make a point! How was I to know that the drawing related to your car? As you probably know there is 7.5cm difference in the boot floor height of the previous model depending on whether a space saver or full size wheel is fitted.

Using the vertical dimensions of 75 previous and 80 new  does the latter  also refer to a full size spare i.e. is the new boot floor 5cm lower than the previous model?

BTW any reason why centimetres not millimetres?

The diagram was made in response to a request from member nifty who wanted to be able to get his bike into the new model. He asked if anyone could take comparison measurements for him.

Unfortunately the original thread was lost when the forum had problems last week - so you will probably be unaware of the history.
Nifty was aware that my old car was a Premium with full size spare and the new car is the Style with a spacesaver spare.  The diagram compares these two cars because that was the original brief.

I don't know whether the new car has a lower floor than the previous one because the rear design is new. The overall height of the car is lower - so I guess the boot floor is too. There is definitely a much deeper well in the boot than the previous car but hether this is due to the floor being lower or the tailgate sill being higher is difficult to say. Nifty was only concerned about the clearance dimensions through the tailgate and the height inside the cabin.

I used cm because I have noticed that most posts on the forum where dimensions are stated use that as a measure. I must admit that like most of my generation, I normally use imperial units - but when I do use metric - I usually use mm rather than cm.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 15:06:02 by AlanHo »

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

I used cm because I have noticed that most posts on the forum where dimensions are stated use that as a measure. I must admit that like most of my generation, I normally use imperial units - but when I do use metric - I usually use mm rather than cm.

Thanks for the reply.
Regarding cm v mm I was using mm in the early 70's when involved in truck design and subsequently  throughout my working life.  It seems strange to see cm in use in relation to cars.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal