i30 Owners Club

Ugly Mongrel goes west to meet the Mountain Men.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Ah, the age old question.  The truth is helicopters can't actually fly, they are so ugly that the earth naturally repels them, and as Tassie is the most beautiful place in Australia, and opposites attract, then naturally helicopters fly better on the Mainland.

I suspect our air force is in trouble. :scared:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
And the hole in the Ozone layer is right above Tassie.  I wouldn't worry about the hole though, there is nothing in it.

FatBoy, I meant to ask you that this morning, do choppers fly better with or without ozone? :confused:

I reality, helicopters (and in particular, gas turbine helicopters) prefer cool, clear, dry air. The engines and rotors are more efficient. So they have a larger "power margin" in Tassie. They produce more power and require less. Hot and humid is the worst for performance.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
And the hole in the Ozone layer is right above Tassie.  I wouldn't worry about the hole though, there is nothing in it.

FatBoy, I meant to ask you that this morning, do choppers fly better with or without ozone? :confused:

I reality, helicopters (and in particular, gas turbine helicopters) prefer cool, clear, dry air. The engines and rotors are more efficient. So they have a larger "power margin" in Tassie. They produce more power and require less. Hot and humid is the worst for performance.

I've noticed the same thing in the bedroom... :p

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

I've noticed the same thing in the bedroom... :p

• Tertius the i30

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Ah, the age old question.  The truth is helicopters can't actually fly, they are so ugly that the earth naturally repels them, and as Tassie is the most beautiful place in Australia, and opposites attract, then naturally helicopters fly better on the Mainland.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline MrsKomaterpillar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal