i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1182278

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I just have em saying P#*s off you old fart,only thing most women like about me is my hair,most of them say they would kill for hair like mine.

Are you sure they didn't say they'd kill themselves if they had hair like yours?  :whistler:  :lol:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
+ A new set of deep plush, charcoal coloured Seat Cover World sheepskin seat covers are in as a 50th birthday gift  :happydance:

Any chance of a photo or 2 of the seat covers, Gonz?

I've had to put the purchase of mine on hold for a bit longer....  :(

Thought the sheepskin seat covers are very nice to sit on,on the down side they raise you up at least 1 to 2 inches in you seat,I have drover sheepskins in Cyril and some time ago I took the drivers one out and put a real cheap cloth seat cover on it,as this let me back down into the cup of the seat,but am thinking of putting it back in PPL continually ask why I have to different type seat covers in the car.

Off-Topic:
I was a bit concerned about that, Rick....
I've pretty much decided I'll just go for some 20mm thick covers when I have the cash. I'm not really buying them for any added comfort so figure they should do.  :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I just have em saying P#*s off you old fart,only thing most women like about me is my hair,most of them say they would kill for hair like mine.

Are you sure they didn't say they'd kill themselves if they had hair like yours?  :whistler:  :lol:

Off-Topic:
:rofl: :rofl: no you'd be surprised how many ladies comment on my hair,I might have a head like a kicked in S#*t can,but got good hair
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Don't worry, I'm just jealous.....my hair is so short a woman wouldn't be able to grab it... :P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Off-Topic:
When women say they like men with wavy hair .. I say mine in "waving"  goodbye  :snigger:

My first mother-in-law was an air-head .. She voted for Bob Hawke because she liked his hair   :rolleyes: :head_butt:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Any chance of a photo or 2 of the seat covers, Gonz?

Off-Topic:
I didn't get shots yet but here's the website. The charcoal looks much darker in the car, more like the black on the site. And I do like the nice touches of giving you rear map pocket (given that you lose access to the original elastic mesh pocket) and the bonus front pocket. :happydance:
Sapphire (Airbag/Charcoal)
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Off-Topic:
Thanks Gonz....

How well do they fit?  :undecided:
Do they fit between the seat adjustment levers and plastic trim and the actual seat?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Do they fit between the seat adjustment levers and plastic trim and the actual seat?
Off-Topic:
If you are really keen, you can dismantle the seats to separate them from the plastic skirts and fit the seat for best effect but I didn't feel that much effort was warranted. The fabric is generous enough to give enough to do all adjusting - however seldom - through it, and the vital seatbelt fastener is clear.

There are adjustable straps lining up with your knees wrapping the sitting section and another set for the back section lining up with your shoulders. These meet female receptacles on straps emanating rearwards through the lumbar space between sections but the flexible rear flaps on the i30 seats don't make attaching the back straps realistic (nor do I think they're necessary).

Aside from those four pairs of male/female straps are one more pair wrapping from the side centres underneath. These I attached under the rails - I don't adjust seat position often enough for this to worry me and they slide cleanly under the rails anyway.

The one negative is the single velcro male/female strap pairs to close the opening under the separate headrest section and top of the cover under the headrest. Since they are sewn to the edges of the openings, you can't overlap the velcro to close them fully. I intend to add a few nore velcro bits (or perhaps hook-and-eye fasteners bra-style) and have them start from further in from the edges for a full closure.

Still, when the headrests are on, you don't see any opening, so they'll do for now. :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Off-Topic:
If you are really keen, you can dismantle the seats to separate them from the plastic skirts and fit the seat for best effect but I didn't feel that much effort was warranted. The fabric is generous enough to give enough to do all adjusting - however seldom - through it, and the vital seatbelt fastener is clear.

There are adjustable straps lining up with your knees wrapping the sitting section and another set for the back section lining up with your shoulders. These meet female receptacles on straps emanating rearwards through the lumbar space between sections but the flexible rear flaps on the i30 seats don't make attaching the back straps realistic (nor do I think they're necessary).

Aside from those four pairs of male/female straps are one more pair wrapping from the side centres underneath. These I attached under the rails - I don't adjust seat position often enough for this to worry me and they slide cleanly under the rails anyway.

The one negative is the single velcro male/female strap pairs to close the opening under the separate headrest section and top of the cover under the headrest. Since they are sewn to the edges of the openings, you can't overlap the velcro to close them fully. I intend to add a few nore velcro bits (or perhaps hook-and-eye fasteners bra-style) and have them start from further in from the edges for a full closure.

Still, when the headrests are on, you don't see any opening, so they'll do for now. :D

Sounds complicated.... :eek:
Thanks anyhow!  :goodjob:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
What your not fifty yet  :question:  :rofl:
Oh I'm 50 alright, although yesterday a 20 year old engineering student happened to say she thought I was 30. Don't mind stuff like that once in a while. :lol:
Casts serious doubt  on her ability to make accurate assessments of engineering issues in the future. :happydance:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Oh I'm 50 alright, although yesterday a 20 year old engineering student happened to say she thought I was 30. Don't mind stuff like that once in a while. :lol:
Casts serious doubt  on her ability to make accurate assessments of engineering issues in the future. :happydance:
I'd say she'll make a splendid Engineer very happy. :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'd say she'll make a splendid Engineer very happy. :lol:

She'd make a great Politician .. better than some on offer now!

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ two days driving passed flawless
+ we were lucky with weather
- I wish I had mounts for a bicycle on my car so that I could take it with me to Finland (its price stops me from a purchase)
+ fitted a new saddle to my bicycle

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Had a great time at the Royal Adelaide Show.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the Pix Gonz  :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Is that you in the high heels?  :P
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Only on weekends :whistler:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Have you all ever noticed,Gonz is always very close to the good looking ladies,Basted  :rofl: :rofl:

Great pictures though,I noticed the first young lady was enjoying having her hands on your exposed missile  :whistler: :laughter:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Were I not a devoted husband, they may still be there. :wink:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Admit it,your shite scared of your missus  :rofl: :rofl: bit like me(of mine not yours)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Admit it,your shite scared of your missus  :rofl: :rofl: bit like me(of mine not yours)
You and I both know that as men of integrity, we hold trust very precious, and the trust of our life partners is most precious of all. :goodjob:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
You and I both know that as men of integrity, we hold trust very precious, and the trust of our life partners is most precious of all. :goodjob:
Well siad Gonz,plus I don't know how you do it,strange women scare me,funny thing is,some times Sue points out to me,that some ladies do flirt with me,personally I can't see it,thats how dumb I am,but Sue see's it.Sue lets it go so far because she things it's funny to watch me either dig the hole deeper or squirm in discomfort.

One day a younger girl(now to me she was just a kid asking a question)was asking about one of my tattoo's,a woman scantilly dressed,on my left arm,the conversation wnet on for about five minutes,Sue's watching all this with ahugh smirk on her face,when I went and sat back down with Sue,she said you do knwo that girl was hitting on you,it took me another half of the day to put two and two together.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
... and to wipe the grin off your face. :lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have to say, that's the first thing I noticed too Gonz in your photos.
The women seem to like touching "it."
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I noticed the dark lady had nice legs  :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Say hello to your wife from Dazz please Gonz.  :lol:

Oops (is that his wife?)  :-[

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Say hello to your wife from Dazz please Gonz.  :lol:

Oops (is that his wife?)  :-[

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal