tanya1000 · 85 · 15568

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi Tanya.

I didn't say hello yet, I thought I'd give the other lads a chance to impress you before I come on the scene   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome aboard, glad your gonna get some bartering help, we'll want a full report on how well he does OK?

:goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Asathorny....you silver tongue devil you! :rofl: :rofl:
Full report to follow sir.
Thanks for the hi, rustynutz...delighted to be here!

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I've been out today and I called into a couple of Hyundai yards as I tend to do.
For Tanya's info & that of everyone to discuss of course  :D I found they have in stock the following which may be of interest.

Accent sedan Active 1.6 petrol 5 speed manual - Carbon Grey
Accent sedan Active 1.6 petrol 5 speed manual - Sleek Silver
Accent sedan Active 1.6 petrol 5 speed manual - Clean Blue
Accent sedan Active 1.6 diesel 6 speed manual - Clean Blue
i30 hatch SX 1.6 diesel auto marked at $22990 drive away (so I wonder what a 6 speed manual would be?)
i30 hatch SX 2.0 petrol 5 speed manual (non-Trophy) - Clean Blue

Food for thought.  :)

I love that Clean Blue colour.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

That is what Trish's CW is, it looks great on a couple of Elantra and Accent Sedans I've seen  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

I actually like the styling of the Accent sedan more than the Hatch  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That is what Trish's CW is, it looks great on a couple of Elantra and Accent Sedans I've seen  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Me too. It's a nice looking car.
The only issue I have is the piddly 14 inch wheels on the Active.
You get larger alloys on the Elite & Premium, but as usual, the high spec you go the less engine/transmission choice you get.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline marijan765

• 3rd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Trebisov

• Hyundai i30 1.4 T-GDi 103 kW
    • This is Slovakia.
Hello tanya1000.I decided to buy a new car in January last year.Before I had Opel Astra Caravan and it was the worst choice. Never in my life an Opel,never.I did a research on internet with my wife,we needed combi,with a lot of space for passengers and corresponding space in a trunk.We went through all the types and marks of cars,KIA,Mazda,Toyota,Skoda,and more.But we forgot Hyundai.Unfortunately,when we did our trip around all dealers,first dealer on our way was Hyundai.They had just a short version i30 in a shop.We tried it,and were very very surprised.Although,it does not looks from outside,inside it has a lot of space for passengers on a front and also on the rear seats.It has comfortable seating,handling and nice materials used on dashboard and on sideways.My wife wanted to see also another types of cars we decided before to went through.When we were leaving the Hyundai dealer,he told us,that we can can go to other car dealers, but we would not find a car with that quality,price and accessories like an i30 has.And he was completely right.When we came back to Huyndai shop, maybe after 4 hours of driving from one dealer to another without any success, our dealer was just smiling and telling us,that he was right.Then we ordered our new baby and are satisfied till now.It is very quiet and has good seating on the way.After 10000 km we are totally satisfied with our choice.Also servicing is very good.After first year my dealer phoned and did an appointment with me about our first service date.All members of service station were very kind and after servicing they explained what exactly did with my car,what was replaced,repaired. And of course,for less money than the other dealers.
When you choose this car, I hope you will be very satisfied and amazed,like we are still. :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Hello tanya1000.I decided to buy a new car in January last year.Before I had Opel Astra Caravan and it was the worst choice. Never in my life an Opel,never.I did a research on internet with my wife,we needed combi,with a lot of space for passengers and corresponding space in a trunk.We went through all the types and marks of cars,KIA,Mazda,Toyota,Skoda,and more.But we forgot Hyundai.Unfortunately,when we did our trip around all dealers,first dealer on our way was Hyundai.They had just a short version i30 in a shop.We tried it,and were very very surprised.Although,it does not looks from outside,inside it has a lot of space for passengers on a front and also on the rear seats.It has comfortable seating,handling and nice materials used on dashboard and on sideways.My wife wanted to see also another types of cars we decided before to went through.When we were leaving the Hyundai dealer,he told us,that we can can go to other car dealers, but we would not find a car with that quality,price and accessories like an i30 has.And he was completely right.When we came back to Huyndai shop, maybe after 4 hours of driving from one dealer to another without any success, our dealer was just smiling and telling us,that he was right.Then we ordered our new baby and are satisfied till now.It is very quiet and has good seating on the way.After 10000 km we are totally satisfied with our choice.Also servicing is very good.After first year my dealer phoned and did an appointment with me about our first service date.All members of service station were very kind and after servicing they explained what exactly did with my car,what was replaced,repaired. And of course,for less money than the other dealers.
When you choose this car, I hope you will be very satisfied and amazed,like we are still. :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

Great post & feedback.  :thanx:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi marijan 765

Thanks for the great post..very informative and I appreciate the feedback from actual real people, not slimy sales people (oh, did I write that out loud?   :whistler:). I've got a feeling that whatever I purchase, I'll be quite pleased with. Would love the i30 but I'll probably end up going with the Accent sedan model I think.

I've just found out that one of my work colleagues used to work/service Hyundai's and after chatting with him, I'm certainly convinced that these are the cars to go with.

Dave...thanks for the run around at the dealerships! Any idea on prices? I am definitely able to head down there on the 9th May. Will pm you re details shortly.

Ooohhh getting a bit excited now!  :happydance:

Tanya

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Someone who can service Hyundai's and cheap parts from elsewhere!

Your cost of ownership just dropped.

Happy days!
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Hi Tanya
I just sent you a pm.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Someone who can service Hyundai's and cheap parts from elsewhere!

Your cost of ownership just dropped.

Happy days!

Woohoo! Pity he doesn't work there anymore though...drats. But great for advice!  :winker: How was the beer?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Tanya did you see you got a promotion (changed colour) now you've done 10 posts (I cant remember that far back) :lol:

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi Darryl

No didn't notice but now that you mention it.... :D

I'm moving up in the world...I'm out to catch you  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Hi Darryl

none of us could catch dazz in a hurry.  :lol: :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Hi Darryl

:rofl: :rofl: He's the world's fastest post man.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Best he keep checking his blind spots.....I sneak up slowly, slowly  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Hi Darryl

:rofl: :rofl: He's the world's fastest post man.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Best he keep checking his blind spots.....I sneak up slowly, slowly  :rofl:  :rofl:

Well at last count, you've only got 20, 929 posts to go so don't go too slowly.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I've been out today and I called into a couple of Hyundai yards as I tend to do.
For Tanya's info & that of everyone to discuss of course  :D I found they have in stock the following which may be of interest.

Accent sedan Active 1.6 petrol 5 speed manual - Carbon Grey
Accent sedan Active 1.6 petrol 5 speed manual - Sleek Silver
Accent sedan Active 1.6 petrol 5 speed manual - Clean Blue
Accent sedan Active 1.6 diesel 6 speed manual - Clean Blue
i30 hatch SX 1.6 diesel auto marked at $22990 drive away (so I wonder what a 6 speed manual would be?)
i30 hatch SX 2.0 petrol 5 speed manual (non-Trophy) - Clean Blue

Food for thought.  :)

The dealer on the Gold Coast has Diesel auto CWs for $23,990. Even with your stamp duty being a rip off over there, one would think there would be room to move on that price.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline SandRsSR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Guildford, Western Australia
Welcome from another West Ausie. I drove an Echo for a week many years ago and thought it was a great little car. The i30 like most newer cars has many more features and our 1st year of ownership has been a real pleasure. I haggled a good deal at DVG Morley on an SR, but I think the drive away specials, particularly the Trophy won't have as much room for negotiation. The Accent might be a good choice and if your budget allows, an Elite or Premium would be nice. If you decide on an i30 then the Trophy definatly looks to be good value compared to the base model SX.

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi SandRsSR

Thanks for the feedback! I do like my Echo but as you noted, it is lacking some general safety features that I now want. I've been having a few close calls with roos recently (almost everyday!) and it's got me a bit jittery. :scared: We usually get a few tourist (occasionally locals too) vehicles written off via roos and emus and I want to hopefully reduce my chance of this happening. Alternatively, I might just end up writing off a new car   :blubber:

I would love the i30 but for the extra $$, I don't think I'll get more safety features than what comes with the Accent-that said, I do love the look of the i30!!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Hey Tanya did you see you got a promotion (changed colour) now you've done 10 posts (I cant remember that far back) :lol:
and an Australian flag.  :winker:

Offline Indy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hey Tanya

As another newbie to the forums I went through the same search your going through. My wife and I test drove everything. From the Fiesta's to the Barinas, Focus, Kia Rio's, Honda Jazz, you name it. In the end we got a great deal on the I30 and do not regret getting a Hyundai one bit.

The Accent was great and if not for some serious bargaining we may well have ended up with one ourselves. Good luck!

Offline tanya1000

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hey Indy

Thanks for more feedback...every bit helps to make the choice. Glad you're happy with your purchase! I'd love one but will probably go the Accent.
This is a great site though!!! Very friendly and helpful.  :goodjob:

Tanya

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Aw shucks   :-[ :winker:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

I think that your Clean Blue is the same as our Ice Blue which is the colour of my ix20 :goodjob: :goodjob:

Welcome aboard Tanya :razz:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Brian .. Clean Blue has a hint of mauve in some lights (does yours do that too?)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hmmmmmm, perhaps not then :undecided:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Welcome, Tanya (or Tatiana?  :) )

Damn, when I first went to the second page and read the first message I thought we had got another Russian member due to Russian nickname - Tanya, but I turned out to be wrong in my conclusion, when I went to the first message on page 1.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal