i30 Owners Club

All Finished now whats Next

Offline drew1981

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Well here is my car its been 10 years since i have owned one been driving  company cars.

Have not done to much to it and will prob stop here the only thing to be added is the ECU upgrade just waiting on the car to get a few more K's on the clock first, Started with a stock SLX crdi added the spoiler and a few other plastic lowered the vehicle 2.5inches and threw on a set of Osaka Light Weight 18" with a set of Firenza ST03 which im extremely happy with thus far, fitted the car out with Rockford Fosgate speakers and amps and a rather expensive signal processor.

Would love to know what you guys think.

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

ouri30
Quote from: "drew1981"
Well here is my car its been 10 years since i have owned one been driving  company cars.

... the only thing to be added is the ECU upgrade just waiting on the car to get a few more K's on the clock first ...

Drew,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Are you refering to the DW Tuning upgrade developed in Adelaide?

This is one of the upgrades that interests me, but I am concerned about the warranty.

Bob

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
looks veeeery niiice! haha...and quite alot of boot space there!  :lol:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Nice one Drew ;)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Lovely stuff there mate  :mrgreen:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline drew1981

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
lol speakers are a temp thing, well sort of will be down sizing once the wallet gets a little fatter

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=169

Hi Drew, looks fantastic :D
I have also had mine lowered and have 18" wheels (prefer yours) and spoiler.
Great minds think alike, right :lol:

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I bet the car shakes when music on full?

Better watch out you'll not done for noise pollution
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I seen this car getting around pennant hills today. I was lookign going.. those wheels look verrryyy familiar, i was the blue i30 waiting to turn onto pennant hills rd, you live close to that region mate? :)

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
rimz look really cool. you should apply a few layers of "Antiphonary foil" I don't know the exact english term,but it will keep the car from falling apart. all the sound freaks have these, for competition purposes.

Offline drew1981

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks Guys, yer i work down that way encountar, i have taken a few steps as far as sound proofing the vehicle, it was a full profisional install, but still just a toy as far as what you could do.

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
Nice Wheels, I have the same on my white SLX. You don't happen to know where the stereo installers tapped into the speaker wiring do you? As I am upgrading my system soon and want the least amount of stuffing around as I can get.

Offline drew1981

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
dty01, i would need more info on what sort of install your planning on doing, as i kept the OEM unit and added amps and new speakers there are several ways you can do this but either way your going to need some sort of signal processer to down scale the amp's signal comming out of the head unit as there is no pre outs on the factory unit. Jay car or stratfield supply these from anywhere from 10 100 bucks but you dont get the best quality sound it would sound loud but you dont update a fantastic system like this one just for loud you do it for better quality well i did anyway.

Rockford Fosgate have a rather nifty device called a 3sixty.2 which i have used retail on one of these is about 990 but for the quality you get you cant go wrong, the 3sixty.2 takes the amp signal from the oem unit and down scales it to a preout signal non amped, but it also supplys you with all your crossovers sub level controll and a 16band eq allowing you to adjust and tune the system as far as you need to or could want to and this is all done via your laptop or hand held device via bluetooth very nifty indeed. the 3sixty.2 is installed just behind the glove box, with a sub woffer controll installed in the glove box so you can controll the level of the subs on the fly.

there is also a 3sixty.1 available for around 600 with out the sub control and the cross over control but your diffently better of spending the money on the .2

if you want more info just pm i have spent quite a bit of time looking at the best way to upgrade the system, but unless your willing to spend over 2500k i would not bother the sound your get from factory will be better then what you can get for that sort of money unless your just looking for bom bom affects.

Offline YOSOYPEPO

• 3rd Gear

• es Spain
      Spain

• Spanish i30 driver
    • http://www.i30.es

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal