i30 Owners Club

New KIA Cee'd

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

I wonder if anyone here has tested and seen this New Kia Cee'd already?
Any ideas?
It is said to be available in some of Russian dealer's showrooms, this I'm going to find out tomorrow by calling at one of them.
Although the prices for new Cee'd are high in UK (I have checked that already), I'm sure they will be significantly lower in Russia to make a competition to new Hyundai i30, moreover KIA is known to sell cars cheaper then Hyundai in Russia.

A presentation of new Kia Cee'd is due to be held on 18 June in Russia.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 20:15:56 by meehalych »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It certainly looks nice enough and is going to be similar enough to the new i30 to be a good thing.

Kia has never bought the Ceed into Australia. Don't know if they will this time. (The Cerato is similar but no Diesel Option over here ATM)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Black parking sensors again - and KIA are sensible -  the front has 4 sensors (whereas the i30 has only 2 sensors mounted on the corners meaning the front is unprotected.)
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
I think the last facelift of the previous model is a better looking car but I expect that it will be as much of an improvement in every other way as the new i30 is over the old one. 
  • Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Black parking sensors again - and KIA are sensible -  the front has 4 sensors (whereas the i30 has only 2 sensors mounted on the corners meaning the front is unprotected.)

:goodjob: Nothing wrong with your isight Alan (you ceed that good)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
New C'eed is out in the UK, I think it is a vast improvement in the looks dept. over the old one, but the pricing of it is way over the top, mainly cos to get a 3 or 4 variant in petrol you have to buy the 1.6 GDi, same engine as the Veloster.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Tomorrow (or better say today) I'm going to Opel and KIA dealers

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Just been round past the Kia dealer (it's a 10 minute walk from home) and had a look at the new Cee'd.

Very nice, a vast improvement over the old one in my opinion, they have a 1.6 CRDi and of more interest to me 1.6 GDi in "2" spec.

Not as luxurious in the cabin as an i30 Active, a little blander almost along the lines of the difference between the old Comfort and Premium i30, just not as glossy if you get my drift.

In order to get the nicer interior you have to go to the 3 spec which as I have said above is significantly more expensive than the equivalent specced i30.

As a side note the salesman tried to tell me that the Cee'd is bigger than the i30, a statement I instantly refuted and he tried to back up by claiming that the i30 is the same size as their Rio.  I pointed out to him that actually the Rio is equivalent to the Accent which we don't get and he just looked confused! :Shocked: :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Good onya for pointing that out to him. They really do tell you anything.
As Dazz has said before, we don't get the Cee'd in Australia but we do get the Rio and the Optima.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline xreyuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Southport

• Seat Leon 1.6TDI CR Ecomotive Owner
Looks quite nice.

I nearly bought one of these for the warranty. I do about 30,000 miles a year, so even the best warranties only last me 3 years. However, KIA offer a 7 year, UNLIMITED mileage warranty. In 7 years I'd put over 200,000 miles on it lol.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Looks quite nice.

I nearly bought one of these for the warranty. I do about 30,000 miles a year, so even the best warranties only last me 3 years. However, KIA offer a 7 year, UNLIMITED mileage warranty. In 7 years I'd put over 200,000 miles on it lol.

I believe that your information about the KIA warranty is incorrect.  According to the UK KIA website the warranty is...

The warranty is a full 7 years from date of first registration OR to a maximum of 100,000 miles (whichever is the sooner).  For the first three years of the warranty, the mileage is unlimited.

That being the case - you would be far better off with the Hyundai 5 year unlimited mileage warranty........ :hatoff:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
 :whsaid:

Offline xreyuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Southport

• Seat Leon 1.6TDI CR Ecomotive Owner
Seems as though I was getting my Hyundai's and KIA's mixed up, sorry!

It was the Hyundai unlimited mileage warranty that nearly made me buy the i30 :P

Just a shame I found my Seat at so low much mileage with such a great price.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I pointed out to him that actually the Rio is equivalent to the Accent which we don't get and he just looked confused! :Shocked: :whistler:

You're not supposed to know more than the salesman, he hasn't got a response to that statement in his training manual. Pity these guys don't enthusiastically research their product and the oppositions offerings so they can speak with some degree of authority. How would you like to have the I30 demonstrated to you by Alan Ho, now there's someone who's checked out the whole works, voluntarily I might add.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal