i30 Owners Club

Leather seats / trim (Aftermarket)

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Hi guys,

Another question -- I know, I'm full of them! Just wondering if anyone has considered getting leather seats put in on their i30's? Like, the proper tailored, goes into a shop and the originals get an overhaul type deal? I'm considering it but just wondering what a good price point would be and if there are anything I should watch out for in terms of quality, etc, etc.

Anyone got a quote or have had it done?

Thanks in advance as always.  :winker:
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I had it done in 2009 when I bought my previous i30.
Check out my pics in the gallery section.
At the time it cost (from memory) around $2650 including the steering wheel.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Snazzy! How did you like them? Did they feel like the real thing? Any problems? Etc? And how long did it take to get it done? I'm worried I'll be without my car for like a week! I know it probably depends on the place, but just curious as to guesstimates :-}
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Snazzy! How did you like them? Did they feel like the real thing? Any problems? Etc? And how long did it take to get it done? I'm worried I'll be without my car for like a week! I know it probably depends on the place, but just curious as to guesstimates :-}

I loved them. I had them done by a reputable place, the quality was very good. I always find genuine leather to be cooler in summer and (once past the initial touch) warmer in winter - the opposite of vinyl.
They wanted my car for five days (from memory) but I don't think it really takes that long. The wait was worth it though.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Karizmatik

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Thanks, man. Now, I'm off to hunt for a decent company around here.  :happydance:
  • i30 SLX (2010)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Thanks, man. Now, I'm off to hunt for a decent company around here.  :happydance:

They'll have leather samples for you to see and feel before deciding. And I forgot to say, they included doing four door inserts in perforated leather too.
Good luck.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal