i30 Owners Club

The official whats your weather like now? Thread (part 4)

Doggie 1 · 959 · 225438

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
That link says she resides in Corlette, NSW.  I don't think Corlette, NSW is in Queensland.   :whistler:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
That link says she resides in Corlette, NSW.  I don't think Corlette, NSW is in Queensland.   :whistler:
Maybe Wiki is out of date. She tried for NSW parliament in 2011 and I guess she would hav ehad to be a resident at that time.
Pretty sure she lives out near Ipswich somewhere (unfortunately).
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Maybe Wiki is out of date. She tried for NSW parliament in 2011 and I guess she would hav ehad to be a resident at that time.

Do you mean Wiki may not be totally accurate?  Oh the humanity!!!  :whistler:

Either way, the further away from me she is, the better.  I did find myself defending her the other day, a mate said he wouldn't p*ss on her if she was on fire, I said I would.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
She says what others aren't prepared to say.
I read her initial parliamentary speech at the time she entered parliament and she was taken way out of context.
If you actually read it she wants a fair Australia for anyone who lives here and is prepared to make it their home.
Having said that, I probably wouldn't vote for her because I'm a long time Liberal voter, but she wasn't as bad as the media and the two main political parties (including Liberal) portrayed her to be.
Not an intellect, but spoke a lot of sense.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
To me, her policies were just as extreme as the Greens, just not as well thought out (eg. 2% tax on everything).

Anyhoos, back on topic.

Very windy here today, nearly blew the sugar out of my coffee.  It got the fires flared up again.  More work for my employer (if he keeps making money he can keep paying me!!)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Hmm, let me think. Pauline or the Greens?  :undecided:

Sorry, Pauline's got it in that contest.

Thursday 14 March
SummaryMin 17Max 28Showers developing, chance of a storm.Chance of any rain: 80%Rainfall amount: 5 to 15 mm
Perth area
Partly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms from the late morning. Winds easterly 15 to 25 km/h.
Fire Danger
Perth Coastal Plain: High
Perth Hills: High
UV Alert from 8:50 am to 3:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 10 [Very High]
  • Tertius the i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
She says what others aren't prepared to say.
I read her initial parliamentary speech at the time she entered parliament and she was taken way out of context.
If you actually read it she wants a fair Australia for anyone who lives here and is prepared to make it their home.
Having said that, I probably wouldn't vote for her because I'm a long time Liberal voter, but she wasn't as bad as the media and the two main political parties (including Liberal) portrayed her to be.
Not an intellect, but spoke a lot of sense.
What you say is correct Dave, but the clincher is the first part of your last line. Far to stupid for her own good and far too easily led, which is what happened.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Can't agree with you Surferdude. Yes, she's no intellect, but one of Oz's freedoms is the fact that an "ordinary person" can sit in parliament.

Her difficulty is her message, it is controversially different, although there are many that would agree with her, she is clumsy at elucidating her platform and was politically assassinated by a collective joint effort by all other parties, who felt threatened that she just might get a decent following.

Add to that, her private life and well, she was doomed.

Personally, I don't think she's racist and it should NOT be a bad thing to section out a group in society by they're race, culture or religion in order to discuss problems that are evident in society and need addressing by the government and people of this country.

All she is advocating is One Nation of people, here legitimately, working together and enjoying the SAME opportunities and equally sharing the same burdens, I can't see anything wrong with that.

The real insult to Australians is that we live with racism now and it is kept hush-hush or hidden under the name of special assistance packages or laws. Ever noticed an ad in the paper with the line "People with aboriginal or torres strait islander descent are encouraged to apply." this actually means if you're not aboriginal or torres strait, don't bother.

Why is it in all our National parks in Oz, guides, boat operators etc, are all aboriginal. From Adelaide to Darwin, I never came across 1 non-aboriginal in my last trip. Coincidence, I don't think so.

Apologies to anyone who is offended by this post but that's just how I see it. 
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

My daughter applied for a job for which she has a lot of practical experience but the state govt department wouldn't accept the application because they said she MUST have a degree.
In the position description when it was advertised, it actually stated that no degree was required if the applicant was from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island background.
That is discrimination and everyone allows it to happen because they are too afraid to say anything.
It is wrong.
Everyone should be equal and should treated equally.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Agreed Dave, positive discrimination is still discrimination.  It leads to tokenism.  This also happens in politics as well (Nova Perris Kneebone).  I have discussed female politicians at work and somebody told me they would vote for somebody "because she was a woman", I explained to them that this was sexism.  They told me it wasn't because she was a woman as well.  I then tried to tell them that if I voted for a male politician, because he was male, that was sexism too.  This person then agreed with my point of view.

:backontopic:

Nicer day here today, max of 20 deg C, light Westerly breeze.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Can't agree with you Surferdude. Yes, she's no intellect, but one of Oz's freedoms is the fact that an "ordinary person" can sit in parliament.

I wasn't saying she shouldn't be able to sit in parliament. I agree anyone should be able to do so. However, my point was that, in the interest of effective representation, she's not the best person for the job, because.......... a/ her thought processes are suspect (witness some of her "off the cuff" comments) and .......... b/ Sh'e too easily led by others who she puts her faith in without any apparent logic.
If a majority of voters disagree with me then she'll be back in parliament at the next election.

FWIW, I agree with you and Dave on her views.

ouri30
Now, how did this get off topic?  Who started this?

"Please explain"

Oh that's right,  it was me with an innocent comment.  This forum has a mind of its own.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Pissistently raining over here.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday
Summary Max 24 A few storms and showers. Chance of any rain: 100% Rainfall amount: 5 to 15mm
Perth area
Cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Possible heavy falls. Winds easterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day then increasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon.
Fire Danger
Perth Coastal Plain: High
Perth Hills: High
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

Thats why I do not ake any notice of Wiki,anyone can go in an edit their pages
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
well It peed down in Perth today,I got freakin soaked delivering a load of gas containers,forgot my wet weather gear.

as for all the off topic stuff,I'm a huge Racist and bloody proud of it,I hate anyone who is not prepared to work and pay their way in life,be them black,blue,white or brindle.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

well It peed down in Perth today,I got freakin soaked delivering a load of gas containers,forgot my wet weather gear.

as for all the off topic stuff,I'm a huge Racist and bloody proud of it,I hate anyone who is not prepared to work and pay their way in life,be them black,blue,white or brindle.

:rofl:  Rick, I think that qualifies you as a non-racist.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

:rofl:  Rick, I think that qualifies you as a non-racist.

:whsaid:  That to me means you aren't racist.

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region
whats the temp where you are panda?  :sweating:

Sorry, missed this! Oh well, a few days late won't hurt. Currently 21.6. Going down to a rather chilly 18 C tonight then attempting to kill me at 30 tomorrow (but it will get hotter than that, it almost always does, plus there's going to be minimum 60% humidity  :sweating:).

Supposedly a 70% chance of rain tomorrow, but then today had a 40% chance and we've seen nothing (also the tv weather report said no rain and hot and sunny tomorrow so who knows!).

It's TIME I posted again.  Now my computer time shows as 9:01pm

:oops:  :offtopic: again
My computer is telling me you posted that at 10:31:01 pm  :lol:

Edit: Ignore me, I'm the problem  :whistler:
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Unfortunately I keep telling Bob that his forum time is out, but he insists it all looks ok at his end :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region

Unfortunately I keep telling Bob that his forum time is out, but he insists it all looks ok at his end :rolleyes:

Haha, it's out for me by about 4 minutes. As I edited above, problem was me and my lack of computer skills  :wink:
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
well everyones times and my own are all over the place so I stopped looking and stopped caring.

as for the weather it is crap at the moment,not hot but damned humid,hope it's a bit better tomorrow because I have to wash,dry and groom four dog's for the show tomorrow night and find time to pack the trailer,Oh well another long day for me.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I don't want to hear more about those wonderfull temperatures from Down Under.  :undecided:

Today 20.03 is (the equinoxes ?) - day and night same length.

This time last year  we had + 15 ºC.

Today we have -4 ºC and it's snowing... :disapp:

I want spring to arrive, sun and nice warm weather... :cool:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It has been a long relatively dry summer for North West Tasmania but 6 of the next 7 days are forcast for rain or showers (but still looking at maximums of around 20C)  Good for our water tanks (not so good for our solar)  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
One word - shite!!

Good for ducks and rain water tanks, not good for much else.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Snow forecast overnight.

6-8 cm......
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Snow forecast overnight.

6-8 cm......

Well the snow started about 9 pm last night and been falling for some 19 hours now.

Roads are clear but seems to be melting so under foot it is sooooo soooo slushy.

Lets see what happens overnight when the temp falls to below zero...
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Cooler weather here in recent times - mid to high 20's for maximums.
A nice change.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal