i30 Owners Club

Seat Cover Advice.

panda · 146 · 37118

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
We have some canvas one's currently on the front seat. They do up underneath the chair without bothering the electrics under there, but you can't slip the middle one through the back of the seat (we don't have heated seats-the regular one's don't allow it either). We just left it under the cover sitting on the seat. Hasn't made too much of a difference I don't think. Maybe doesn't sit quite as flush in the seam under your bottom as it should.

You have a seam under your bottom?  :undecided:
I'll have to check mine again.  :confused:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region
We have some canvas one's currently on the front seat. They do up underneath the chair without bothering the electrics under there, but you can't slip the middle one through the back of the seat (we don't have heated seats-the regular one's don't allow it either). We just left it under the cover sitting on the seat. Hasn't made too much of a difference I don't think. Maybe doesn't sit quite as flush in the seam under your bottom as it should.

I don't know about you but I can't see my own bottom, you might need someone else to check it for you  :lol:

Thanks for the info guys! I'll take a look and see (being careful of spikey bits!)
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I don't know about you but I can't see my own bottom, you might need someone else to check it for you  :lol:

Thanks for the info guys! I'll take a look and see (being careful of spikey bits!)

OK, I'll open it up to the membership for volunteers.
Offers anyone?  :whistler:  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
OK, I'll open it up to the membership for volunteers.
Offers anyone?  :whistler:  :lol:
:rofl: Gold.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

We must be careful with our English, the subject in the sentence has changed from I to you. For that statement to be correct, it should be

"I don't know about you but I can't see my own bottom, I might need someone else to check it for me"  :lol:

:whistler: :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

We must be careful with our English, the subject in the sentence has changed from I to you. For that statement to be correct, it should be

"I don't know about you but I can't see my own bottom, I might need someone else to check it for me"  :lol:

:whistler: :mrgreen:

:wacko: I'm confused now! I meant that I can't see my own bottom....db08 had mentioned he needed to check his bottom so I was saying that if I can't see my own bottom he probably can't see his therefore would need someone to check it for him?

(now I'm making my own head hurt  :snigger:)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

And I still haven't had any volunteers.  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
ok...I will bite...I will volunteer to check Panda's bottom, but there is no way that I am going to check out an old coppers bottom......... :wink:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

And nor would I let you, because you bite.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I can't fault where the conversation has gone, since we're still talking about covering each other's 'seats'  :rofl:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
and then in flys a "birdie" ready to cover your six...... :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
and then in flys a "birdie" ready to cover your six...... :lol:
:eek: I have a wingman!

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline wrx43

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Back to the OP question, I bought the tailored Ilana covers from Motoquipe  for my FD i30cw wagon for $140 and fitted the front seats today. What a PITA it was.  I only have the SX but still plenty of navigating to do under the seats.  Ended up balanced with head on floor, one foot on the ceiling and the other on the opposing door.  in line with some of this thread I was so contorted I could almost see up my own rear end. Straps were tough to slide through the tight gap on the sides.  So first one was tough going. Second time was not so tight because I knew where to apply pressure to make entry easier and bordered on an enjoyable experience.   :wink:

Tip: fit the seat bottom before fitting the seat upright. Ignore the text they call instructions and the explanatory diagram.  You will be in foreign territory and so you need to use your fingers to explore the terrain for a while in a north-south position before attempting insertion to get a good fit.
  • i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

so you need to use your fingers to explore the terrain for a while in a north-south position before attempting insertion to get a good fit.

I've had this advice before.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
so you need to use your fingers to explore the terrain for a while in a north-south position before attempting insertion to get a good fit.

Yes, nice turn of phrase wrx43 ... you didn't help draft the Karma Sutra by any chance I suppose?  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline wrx43

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Yes, nice turn of phrase wrx43 ... you didn't help draft the Karma Sutra by any chance I suppose?  :snigger:

Nope. But reading it instead of the seat cover instructions gave me the idea to balance on my head to leave both hands free to roam.
Was also useful for correcting the position of the dipstick and the proper technique for relieving wheel nuts of their tension.  Recommended reading for every i30 owner.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You will fit in good around here  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline wrx43

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Tx Dazzler.  How are your chrome door handles holding up? [no pun here, tempting as it is]
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Tx Dazzler.  How are your chrome door handles holding up? [no pun here, tempting as it is]

Like new after 2 years (amazing really for the price)  :goodjob:

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Back to the OP question, I bought the tailored Ilana covers from Motoquipe  for my FD i30cw wagon for $140 and fitted the front seats today. What a PITA it was.  I only have the SX but still plenty of navigating to do under the seats.  Ended up balanced with head on floor, one foot on the ceiling and the other on the opposing door.  in line with some of this thread I was so contorted I could almost see up my own rear end. Straps were tough to slide through the tight gap on the sides.  So first one was tough going. Second time was not so tight because I knew where to apply pressure to make entry easier and bordered on an enjoyable experience.   :wink:

Tip: fit the seat bottom before fitting the seat upright. Ignore the text they call instructions and the explanatory diagram.  You will be in foreign territory and so you need to use your fingers to explore the terrain for a while in a north-south position before attempting insertion to get a good fit.

Thanks  :goodjob2: Good to know I'll need to join the circus in order to fit car seat covers  :happydance: (should I EVER get around to actually buying them. The car'll be 2 years old at this rate before I do anything about them!)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
... The car'll be 2 years old at this rate before I do anything about them!
Oh, great. I won't be holding my breath over the grand home made yoghurt experiment then.  :whistler:

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Oh, great. I won't be holding my breath over the grand home made yoghurt experiment then.  :whistler:

:lol: No, safer not to. I've been meaning to try making my own yoghurt for 5 years or so now (using the easiyo satchets even proves to be too much for me more often than not).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:lol: No, safer not to. I've been meaning to try making my own yoghurt for 5 years or so now (using the easiyo satchets even proves to be too much for me more often than not).
Gee it's a wonder you ever got around to making some kids  :lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Gee it's a wonder you ever got around to making some kids  :lol:

But she cheated.
There was a special on, 2 for the price of 1.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal