i30 Owners Club

Seat Cover Advice.

panda · 146 · 37400

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region
... The car'll be 2 years old at this rate before I do anything about them!
Oh, great. I won't be holding my breath over the grand home made yoghurt experiment then.  :whistler:

:lol: No, safer not to. I've been meaning to try making my own yoghurt for 5 years or so now (using the easiyo satchets even proves to be too much for me more often than not).
Gee it's a wonder you ever got around to making some kids  :lol:

But she cheated.
There was a special on, 2 for the price of 1.  :lol:

:rofl: Yes, falling pregnant for me was not something that took any amount of time at all. Husband only had to look at me and there were babies on the way (lmao at there being a special-was scared to go back for more, might have scored 4 or 5 for the price of one!)
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Oh, great. I won't be holding my breath over the grand home made yoghurt experiment then.  :whistler:

:lol: No, safer not to. I've been meaning to try making my own yoghurt for 5 years or so now (using the easiyo satchets even proves to be too much for me more often than not).

But she cheated.

:rofl: Yes, falling pregnant for me was not something that took any amount of time at all. Husband only had to look at me and there were babies on the way (lmao at there being a special-was scared to go back for more, might have scored 4 or 5 for the price of one!)

Oh boy. Talk about opening the door and leading with your chin. :whistler:
I'm only just managing to NOT make a comment here.  :head_butt: :wink:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
...falling pregnant for me was not something that took any amount of time at all...

Over here we call those "egg timers" :whistler:

No further comment from me either  :snigger:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I can't help myself.............................

Husband only had to look at me and there were babies on the way

Sorta takes all the fun out of it.  :disapp:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

But she cheated.

All over really quickly then?  :undecided:  :lol:

I guess it's lucky that it was hubby that looked at you then.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

:rofl: I knew as soon as I hit reply that one wouldn't be able to be left alone. It's true. Men never grow up  :rolleyes:  :P

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

:lol: sometimes  :P

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've been strapping kids and their mums and dads into our ejection seats at the Clipsal every day and I must say the plush black sheepskin covers on those are really nice. It's giving me some ideas.  :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Those things cause back injuries don't they, who's going to pay all the hospital bills  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I've been strapping kids and their mums and dads into our ejection seats at the Clipsal every day and I must say the plush black sheepskin covers on those are really nice. It's giving me some ideas.  :whistler:

You're not a New Zealander by any chance, Gonz?  :whistler:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Gonz,,,,,,, I have to warn you.
Our Brit Member's found out i used Sheep Skin seat cover's on my first i30 few years back. LOL
they asked to see what they look like boy did they give it to me LOL

But i have to say on long trip's the Sheepskin seat covers in the Poverty Pack SX turned the stock seat into one of the most compfortable i've had.
Now i have the late FD slx & it has side air bags so could not use the old SX covers so this car don't have covers at all ( ok but not as good as the old SX

Also how are you enjoying the Clipsal 500? I saw some of it on TV yesturday & it was fine there, here in Sydney it's been raining for a few days ( but we did need some )  just now the dam is full. so turn it off!
Cheers

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

We did consider sheepskin seat covers. Had them in the Ford when we first got it and they were glorious to sit in (didn't realize so much stigma was attached to them however  :scared:). Still undecided :P

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
All you need is a "I'm not a New Zealander" sticker....... Your'e not are you  :eek: :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Clipsal was awesome and I do believe that this year we hit a new high with some great interaction in a spacious, relaxed marquis. The Air Commodore's direction to 'dress down' into what we wear daily was a stroke of genius, with this one detail making our presentation to the public that much more genuine.

I'll give the sheepskin option some serious thought, especially when I'm now officially what is affectionately termed 'king of stitchbitches' in the Life Support world and able to get some very good insight and advice. The simple design wouldn't interfere with the side airbag function, especially if I opt to have a layer sewn onto the existing compliant cover.

Do it, Panda, you know you want to - I'll throw in a jar of my award winning yoghurt on your next Adelaide visit.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You can get airbag friendly sheepskin seat covers.. I'm still a big fan (and we have them on the i30)

I put Genuine Toyota neoprene ones on the Hybrid but I wish they had been a more tailored fit  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

All you need is a "I'm not a New Zealander" sticker....... Your'e not are you  :eek: :lol:

Well actually............................................................... :scared:

No   :mrgreen:

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Clipsal was awesome and I do believe that this year we hit a new high with some great interaction in a spacious, relaxed marquis. The Air Commodore's direction to 'dress down' into what we wear daily was a stroke of genius, with this one detail making our presentation to the public that much more genuine.

I'll give the sheepskin option some serious thought, especially when I'm now officially what is affectionately termed 'king of stitchbitches' in the Life Support world and able to get some very good insight and advice. The simple design wouldn't interfere with the side airbag function, especially if I opt to have a layer sewn onto the existing compliant cover.

Do it, Panda, you know you want to - I'll throw in a jar of my award winning yoghurt on your next Adelaide visit.

I do want to, only problem is (other than the $300 odd price tag) is that they're only for the front.

I'm considering the tailor made's because the kids are always dragging their school bags and shoes across the back seat no matter how much I rouse on them and those are less and include a back seat cover.

And always up for yoghurt! I spend a small fortune on that stuff (turns out I'm not as much of a tight wad as I think I am when it comes to yoghurt  :whistler:)

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

You can get airbag friendly sheepskin seat covers.. I'm still a big fan (and we have them on the i30)

I put Genuine Toyota neoprene ones on the Hybrid but I wish they had been a more tailored fit  :undecided:

This is my problem with our current canvas ones. And as it turns out, ripples in canvas kinda hurt the backs of your legs when you sit on them  :(

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

This is my problem with our current canvas ones. And as it turns out, ripples in canvas kinda hurt the backs of your legs when you sit on them  :(

I only get that when I wear a dress.  :whistler:  :lol:
Wear trousers and it's fine.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

I only get that when I wear a dress.  :whistler:  :lol:
Wear trousers and it's fine.  :D

:lol: Yes, obviously I just need longer gym shorts! Much cheaper than new car seat covers  :goodjob2:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
:lol: Yes, obviously I just need longer gym shorts! Much cheaper than new car seat covers  :goodjob2:
Or you could wear these.  :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Now there's a picture of fitness if ever I saw one.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Crikey  :Shocked: I don't know what's worse, the outfit or the physique!

BTW db08, happy birthday! Just noticed your sneaky bit of birthday cake over there to the right :) Hope you've had a good one!

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

BTW db08, happy birthday! Just noticed your sneaky bit of birthday cake over there to the right :) Hope you've had a good one!

Thanks Panda - there's cake everywhere.
Roast pig for dinner.  :yahoo:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

YUM! One of our favourites (although am currently on a roast pig strike due to orthodontic appliances and the inability to eat crackling for 14 months :( so I'm very jealous!)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

YUM! One of our favourites (although am currently on a roast pig strike due to orthodontic appliances and the inability to eat crackling for 14 months :( so I'm very jealous!)

I won't post photos then.   :mrgreen:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Finally got round to installing the rear seat covers yesterday. Much easier than the fronts.  I took a few (bad) pictures with the phone so you would get an idea (and Dazz I even posted them large for your poor eyesight).

All in all not bad. Will stop the young ones ruining the seats. Could have done without the zipper for the arm rest that doesn't exist (well on the base hatch anyway). I unbolted the middle seatbelt to make it all work, but have just realised that is probably what the Velcro is for  :groan: Still it was probably easier anyway. With two kids car seats now in place over the seat cover, we won't see much of it anyway, but it seemed to brighten up the car over the original black seats.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Thanks for sharing! They look great  :goodjob2: I might just have to get around to finally making an order (and lol, I missed the Dazz after the bit about them being big and spent 5 full minutes trying to figure out what on earth was wrong with my eyesight! There are many things wrong with me, but eyesight isn't one of them yet....).

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm amazed that I remembered to take photos.

It certainly was a Good Friday for the Hyundai's. On top of the fitting of the car seats, both were washed and vacuumed, The old girl (mine) got some armour all as well.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal