i30 Owners Club

So what is premium diesel anyway?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I just thought of something, what would happen if the fuel was filled from the bottom of the tank, similar to a toilet cistern. Would foaming be reduced.  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Pip
I just filled up at my usual Caltex/Woolies. Very little foaming but it does say Vortex Premium. Then again it has always said that (for a long time anyway) and sometimes it foams (so I never bother to fill it right up) and sometimes it doesn't and I do. I assumed it was not always "Premium".

As far as I can tell the price is always on a par with other places. $1.50 today before discount.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the links Keith... :goodjob:

I just thought of something, what would happen if the fuel was filled from the bottom of the tank, similar to a toilet cistern. Would foaming be reduced.  :question:

I doubt it.. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I just use Vortex from the local Woollies since its convenient. Both cars have been only filled a couple of times since we bought it but was wondering and thought I'd share. Apparently they all perform magic tricks with your injectors which is good to know.  :whistler:

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

My toilet cistern fills from the top..... :undecided:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Mine fills from the bottom, hence it's silent ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Mine fills from the bottom, hence it's silent ;)
Likewise

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

Quite possibbly,that is why all modern boom sprays & mixer tanks are bottom fill,as this greatly reduces foaming,don't know why diesel would be any different
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Do you loose much time filling your truck Rick. Good opportunity to rig up an extended pipe and try it, 30 minutes saved is 30 minutes saved.  :goodjob2:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Do you loose much time filling your truck Rick. Good opportunity to rig up an extended pipe and try it, 30 minutes saved is 30 minutes saved.  :goodjob2:

Not sure why,it must be the way the tanks are designed and the extremely large filler caps,we use High flow pumps,to fill 550 litres maybe four to six minutes,two pumps running one in each tank,takes longer to walk form one side to the other of the truck and finish topping off,was thinking the other day how it never really foamed badly when filling the truck,also had a though,what I put in my truck a week would run Bruce or Cyril for four months  :lol:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal