i30 Owners Club

Clock and Fuel Consumption

tatef · 3 · 2089

Offline tatef

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Since I purchased my i30 3 weeks ago I have noticed a few things, they are:

1. When I get into the car and turn it on, the clock is always an hour ahead, but once it tries to sync with bluetooth the clock changes back to the correct time.  This is rather annoying.

2. when I put the car into the reverse the lines dont show up on the screen the first time, so I have to change the gear, and put back into reverse to get the colourful lines to show and

3. I have been putting my fuel consumption into the Nav system, but I went to it the other day and all my previous entries had been wiped.

4. When I turn the car off and open the door, the exiting sounds continue to chime until I shut the door...

Anyone know why the above would be happening?
  • i30 Elite Petrol (auto)

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!

1. When I get into the car and turn it on, the clock is always an hour ahead, but once it tries to sync with bluetooth the clock changes back to the correct time.  This is rather annoying.

The behaviour is common with GD i30's, although it isn't the Bluetooth sync causing the time to change. The GPS system is used to adjust your clock to te correct local timezone.

2. when I put the car into the reverse the lines dont show up on the screen the first time, so I have to change the gear, and put back into reverse to get the colourful lines to show

That isn't normal behaviour. Take it back to the dealer to get it sorted.

3. I have been putting my fuel consumption into the Nav system, but I went to it the other day and all my previous entries had been wiped.

Can't help with that other than to suggest reading the Nav manual and car manual, or use pen & notepad. There are also apps available for iOS/Android that do the same thing.
I use Road Trip for iPhone.

4. When I turn the car off and open the door, the exiting sounds continue to chime until I shut the door...

This may be because the "Welcome" thing is enabled, or the lights are still on. For the former, check your manual re User Settings. For the latter, well that is pretty self explanatory.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Drew_81

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• 2012 GD i30 Premium in Sleek Silver

2. when I put the car into the reverse the lines dont show up on the screen the first time, so I have to change the gear, and put back into reverse to get the colourful lines to show and

Anyone know why the above would be happening?

For #1, mine does this too.... very annoying.
For #4, mine has done this to me, for example, if I open my drivers door before I switch off the ignition, or if the roof is open (which is actually helpful!)
  • 2012 GD i30 Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal