• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Older Chinese restaurant owners thought they would spice up their love life

Going into the store room and at the heat of their passion

The husband says,I want to have a sixty niner

Old Chinese lady contorts "why yu wan beef and blak ben saw rih now"
And do you know the metric version of 69?

• 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :rofl:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Cyril  has had a good day today,he hit all the Nines

and very soon after he finally hit the Ton

and looking in the book we have had him just short of three years, still wrapped with him and Bruce
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Greatstuff Rick, interested to know if you have had a good run without any major problems seeing I am a newbie to the i30.  :)
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Greatstuff Rick, interested to know if you have had a good run without any major problems seeing I am a newbie to the i30.  :)

:rofl: :rofl: do you really want me to go there John B  :rofl: :rofl: now this is only for Cyril,Bruce has been brilliant.

CYRIL'S HISTORY
Day three,almost got to four,punched in the nose by a kangaroo almost beyond recognition (pic's in FD gallery) :whistler: no problem got that fixed,they almost wrote him off,but happy they didn't as he was the first new car I had ever had.

Day 30 odd,total lack of power,wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding,had a bug in the fuel(they did try it on it was faulty fuel from someones servo) they had to totally pull out the whole fuel system,clean and replace it,when the fuel was tested it was a bug which came across the big pond from Korea.

Day 45 Odd,again total lack of power,continually going into limp home mode,tracked two a split intercooler hose (I believe related to repairs done from Day Three episode) took two days to fix,as Hyundai do not keep ANY spare parts in WA,except filters and alike

so we are now on Day 47 odd,they finally got the hose repaired,they were doing a test drive,when boom,total steering failure,without the car for yet another ten days,while they flew in a whole new steering system and column from Korea(none in Australia at the time)brilliant spare parts department here in Oz,maybe better now.(I suspect again related to day three episode)

but since then,just normal servicing,a couple of windscreens and a few issues with very poor workmanship from Hyundai so called mechanics(hence I haven't used them for the past couple of years other than warranty issues)

But no he will be with us until he drops dead or becomes financially Prohibitive to repair,but having said all this of Cyril,he was a case out of the norm I think.

Now Bruce (touch wood) since we have had him,got him a few months after Cyril,been just normal servicing,put fuel in him keep him clean and Bob's your uncle,Oh! he has had three windscreens so far,to be four very soon if the last chip repair crack gets any larger,between the two of them over the past almost three years we have cover nigh on 200,000 kilometres (or 125,000 miles for those which have not been able to master the metric system  :lol: )
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Very courageous of you to buy Bruce, after Cyril's wobbly start.  :confused:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Why would I not buy another I30,everything has a logical answer,Young Cyril's, fateful start was but one logical step following the previous,sadly some give up before they see the answers

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Why would I not buy another I30,everything has a logical answer,Young Cyril's, fateful start was but one logical step following the previous,sadly some give up before they see the answers

Wow what a start, good that you stuck with it though. A lot of people would have spit the dummy and walked up and down outside the dealership with a sign saying  what do we want , when do we want it NOW. Oops sorry wrong protest but you know what I mean.  :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Wow what a start, good that you stuck with it though. A lot of people would have spit the dummy and walked up and down outside the dealership with a sign saying  what do we want , when do we want it NOW. Oops sorry wrong protest but you know what I mean.  :lol:

Like I said John,other than the dodgy fuel I'm 99% sure most of the other problems,would if they looked more carefully have led back to his punch in the nose by a bloody huge kangaroo.  :whistler: :lol:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Like I said John,other than the dodgy fuel I'm 99% sure most of the other problems,would if they looked more carefully have led back to his punch in the nose by a bloody huge kangaroo.  :whistler: :lol:

I can relate to that when I was towing my caravan a wild pig decided to raid our pantry from the outside , boy did he do some damage to the side of the van.  :blubber:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Here's some off-topic for you all. I missed the codeword during the screening of Captain America tonight. Anyone catch it?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
What's Captain America,what's the code word for.

Had a scare yesterday,finished work,went into the locker room to change my boots and put all my work crap in my locker,NO KEYS HOOKED on my belt,naturally went into total panic mode,all I could think of was the cost of replacing the key.

In my panic rang Sue to drive 125 Kilometres to bring me the spare,so I could get home,in my panic had an angina attack,then thinking and rethinking where I could have lost them,went out jumped in the truck high tailed it back to the last known location of where I knew I had the keys and yes thank F*** they were lying on the ground in the long dry grass where I had been working.

Rang Sue on her mobile(she was half way bereen Beverley and York on her way down to my work),told her she could turn around and go home,I had found the keys,got home late but at least I didn't have the expense of having to replace a key

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
and yes thank F*** they were lying on the ground in the long dry grass where I had been working.

:sweating:

spill.
what was going on in the long grass

:whistler:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 14:18:53 by eye30 »
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Stay tuned for episode 2, when Rick-p arrives home and what Sue did next.  :happydance:

Very lucky Rick-p, I think.  :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
and yes thank F*** they were lying on the ground in the long dry grass where I had been working.

:sweating:

spill.
what was going on in the long grass

:whistler:
Nothing exciting I can tell you,no just happened to be a drop down on the concrete pad I was working on,packing up the trailer,the keys had come off my belt and fell into the grass

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Stay tuned for episode 2, when Rick-p arrives home and what Sue did next.  :happydance:

Very lucky Rick-p, I think.  :undecided:
I had to be very apologetic as I had gone totally mental on the phone at her when I first rang,I was in total panic mode,stress level through the roof

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Take it easy Rick-p.

Sometimes s*** happens, but no point in making yourself ill over it. Just imagine if there had been a fatality due to stress, are the keys worth THAT much to you or your family ? I think not.

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Very lucky that they were visable and easy to find
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Glad you found them Rick..  :happydance:

I had one of the remotes for our Auto gates velcroed to the right side of my Dash. We had a very hot day a few weeks back and the glue on the velcro went soft and the remote must have fallen on to the door sill and fallen out of the car.  :disapp:

Fortunately we still have two left and I think I can get another for around $40 anyway.. but I did go for a bit of a search, but no luck.

Gates not working at the moment anyway!  I must have another fiddle!  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Picture not coming up here Gonz? When I go to quote you I can see a picture link but no picture??

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Works for me, I got one a few days ago, too. Very generous is The Gonz  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:laughter: :kissmyass:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Q. What do Tupperware and a Walrus have in common?
A. They both like a tight seal.

Q. What's the difference between a G-Spot and a golf ball?
A. A guy will actually search for a golf ball

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :rofl:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Q. What's the definition of 'Macho'?

A. Jogging home from your vasectomy.  :scared:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :laughter:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal