Australian Election 2013

Ugly Mongrel · 749 · 145569

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
It looks like Tony is keener to support Indonesion boat builders than Australian car builders. :disapp:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2013/aug/23/abbott-boat-buy-scheme-economics
Yes read that one,then he comes out and says his levy on the top 3000 large earners,will only cover a little under half of his preposterous parenting payments,what the F*#k happen to PPL planning their own Families and funding it themselves,he is an out and out idiot
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
^
Yep. That's one of the stupidest (most stupid?) suggestions of all time.

:whsaid:

Can't disagree.  :rolleyes:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
It looks like Tony is keener to support Indonesion boat builders than Australian car builders. :disapp:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2013/aug/23/abbott-boat-buy-scheme-economics
Yes read that one,then he comes out and says his levy on the top 3000 large earners,will only cover a little under half of his preposterous parenting payments,what the F*#k happen to PPL planning their own Families and funding it themselves,he is an out and out idiot

Don't worry Rick. Tony reckons all the self-funded retirees and superannuation members will chip in the shortfall. And the sad part is most of them will vote for the idiot.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I found this pic of Tony and his followers....  :whistler:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

I found this pic of Tony and his followers....  :whistler:

(click to show/hide)

:rofl: Which one is Dave?

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

I heard about this the other day. I am wondering what the Indonesian government have to say about this or even if its been raised with them at all.

Sadly at this election we are faced with selecting between dumb and dumber.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I heard about this the other day. I am wondering what the Indonesian government have to say about this or even if its been raised with them at all.

Sadly at this election we are faced with selecting between dumb and dumber.

I have to agree!  :wacko: :Pout:

Both leaders/parties seem to be plucking policies out of their ar$es without much planning or forethought  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Just like the Dumb and Dumber problem is the compulsory voting double-edged sword. Since the population must vote, Oz politicians don't need to evangelise or impress in US style capmpaigns, just present as the lesser of the two weasils. :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Don't worry Rick. Tony reckons all the self-funded retirees and superannuation members will chip in the shortfall. And the sad part is most of them will vote for the idiot.

Even sadder is what we've got after the last six years with Idiot # 1, Idiot # 2 & Idiot # 1 again.
Glad you didn't need me to disagree.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Even sadder is what we've got after the last six years with Idiot # 1, Idiot # 2 & Idiot # 1 again.

Dave, the only thing you and I disagree on is who is Idiot #1. :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Well, as it's in the last six years, it's not hard to work out.  ;)  :head_butt:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Well, as it's in the last six years, it's not hard to work out.  ;)  :head_butt:

Oh, hasn't Tony been around for the last six years? :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Not in power.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

So he's an out-of-power idiot. Works for me. :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

So he's an out-of-power idiot. Works for me. :mrgreen:

Ever heard of LWS?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Sadly doesn't matter which idiot gets in this time.whether it be King Idiot or wanna be King Idiot,we are in for a world of pain(finacially) either way
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

But with the prospect of getting back into the black, hopefully, fingers crossed.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
He did say he wasn't going to go into details of who he spoke to about this and when. I guess we can assume whoever it was he did speak to it wasn't our neighbours to the north. Looming large now, the possibility of being a total fail in international affairs.  :Shocked:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
He is good at rubbery figures though:

An example: Abbott's frequent claim, repeated in his policy speech, that Australia has ''20,000 more public servants than in 2007''.

We have three data sources. The number of public servants is tracked by the Australian Public Service Commission. Between June 2007 and June 2012, it says, public service numbers grew by just 13,156. A third of that growth was in 2007-08, under the Howard government's last budget. From 2008 to 2012, they grew by just 8840.

The Bureau of Statistics and the Department of Finance track government employment, which includes the Defence forces and military reserves. The bureau says that grew by 17,800 between June 2007 and June 2012. Of them, 4700 were added in 2007-08, and just 13,100 since June 2008.

The Finance Department estimates that between June 2007 and June 2013 total staff grew by 18,753. But 8150 of that growth was in the military and defence contractors.

Take them out, and the rest grew by 10,603. Of that, 7934 was in 2007-08, but just 2669 since, with a net 4305 jobs wiped out since 2011 as Labor has cut agencies' budgets.

There never were 20,000 extra public servants, and Abbott knows it. It is a line that goes down well with the focus groups, so he keeps repeating it. But it is untrue.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/why-we-should-not-trust-tony-abbott-20130826-2sm4q.html#ixzz2d8yBjjNC

Unless he doesn't understand what he is on about at all. Either way that's not good.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You do realise UM posted that same link a few posts previously, Keith?  :whistler:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

You do realise UM posted that same link a few posts previously, Keith?  :whistler:

Keith is just trying to flush Dave out of hiding, rustynutz. :rofl:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal