i30 Owners Club

Australian Election 2013

Ugly Mongrel · 749 · 142842

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :lol:
It's not burying our heads in the sand, Rusty.
WE DON'T AGREE WITH YOU!
As I have said several times, it is very easy to troll the 'net and find an article that backs up your own argument.
I could post similar ones every day too against Krudd & Co. but I can't see the point.
I prefer to think independently and make up my own mind, which I have done, and after six years of in-fighting, mis-management, bungling and failures within the Labor party, I've had enough.
My hope is that enough voters in Australia feel the same way and get rid of this incompetent, pathetic excuse for a federal government.
And I don't need a website to tell me that.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
It has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing, Dave...it's the fact that you just dismiss everything that doesn't paint Abbott as the legend you think he is...  :whistler:

Btw, I wasn't posting anything to back an argument, I simply posted a link so people could make an informed decision... :head_butt:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I've never said Abbott is a legend.
In fact if you read what I have said you would see that I have on occasions criticized him.
Of course you're posting those things to back up your argument. If you were posting with the intention of helping people to make an informed decision, you'd post both sides, not just one.

• Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The "Messiah" is already showing his true colours....  :Pout:  :fum:

Welfare alarm as Coalition plans to cut $4 weekly unemployment pay
PHILLIP HUDSON HERALD SUN AUGUST 27, 2013

A LEADING charity has blasted the Coalition for its plan to axe a battler's bonus for around one million people worth up to $350 a year.

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has confirmed he will dump the supplementary allowance paid to 500,000 unemployed people on the Newstart allowance, 260,000 receiving youth allowance and 230,000 getting the parenting payment.

Mr Abbott said the payment, worth $210 a year for singles and $350 for couples, was being abolished because it was supposed to be funded from the mining tax but the controversial tax was not raising enough money to pay for it.

He insisted people would be better off overall from his plan to abolish the carbon tax.

The Coalition estimated removing the allowance would save $1 billion over four years and said it was one of the tough decisions needed to fix the Budget.

The payment, worth between $4 and $6.70 a week, was introduced by Labor in response to calls from business and welfare groups to increase the Newstart allowance by $50 a week.

St Vincent de Paul Society national council chief executive Dr John Falzon said the Opposition's decision would hurt the poor.

"The Coalition is to be condemned for taking away from those who have nothing in the first place," Dr Falzon said.

"The Newstart allowance is desperately in need of a $50-a-week increase. People are so far behind the eight-ball, the level of Newstart has become an obstacle to workforce participation."

"The $4-a-week increase isn't anywhere near enough and it beggars belief the Opposition should take away this paltry amount from people absolutely waging a daily battle for survival from below the poverty line."

He called on Labor and the Coalition to increase Newstart by $50 a week "as a matter of decency".

Australian Council of Social Service senior adviser Peter Davidson said it would be a shame if one of the first acts of an Abbott government was to cut benefits for unemployed people.

"This $4 is the first real increase that unemployed people have received for 20 years. This would take the living standards of unemployed people back to 1994," he said.

The areas in Victoria that are likely to be hardest hit include Clayton, Carlton, Frankston North, Geelong, Doveton, Gippsland, Morwell, Parkville, Sunshine and Ballarat.

However, if the Coalition wins the September 7 election, it may not have time to stop the next payment, which is due September 20.

Mr Abbott said his focus was on getting people off unemployment as he pushed bonus payments of up to $6500 he would pay those who had been out of work for 12 months or more who can find and hold down a job for two years.

"I see these measures not as a handout but as a hand-up because they are about empowering people to find and secure and keep the work that they need and want," he said.

:link:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Wow, that wouldn't be biased website, would it?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seems to be only pointing out Abbott's porkies, Dave... :p

Actually only looked at the first four words of the web site,then turned it off,because I knew it would all be simply one sided.

Nothing like burying your head in the sand, Rick....  :winker:
Not burying my head in the sand at all Rusty,I read much about our political situation,the dialogue that comes from parliment,regularly watch the question times they put on the tele,now heres and absolute waste of tax payers money,the millions we pay these PPL collectively,to get on the floor of parliment and act like five year olds,I have been Labor through and through for years,but the past six years has just left me gob smacked at the total waste,in many area's,total mismanagement of certain situations,but having said that,our option of the other major party is just as big a joke,the proposed maternity leave pay,what a freaking joke,one he still hasn't told anyone how he is going to fund it(oh yeah he has told us how he if getting just under half of it)now the F#*knuckle has announced he plans to give each person who has been unemployed,if you keep a job for two years I'll give you $6500,there's a winner,this will be the first time in 38 years I won't be voting for either major party,both parties are just pulling policy out of their arses on the run,when do you know a politicain is lying,as soon as he/she opens their mouth.

• 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Any comments by all parties on syria?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

Not in this thread.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Not in this thread.

No.

Have the main political parties made any comment on the situation in syria?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Sorry, misunderstood.

Not as yet. This morning they are clarifying the comments made in last nights debate. Rudd has previously said there are important decisions to be made and is being all statesman like about it. Abbot has been pretty silent on the subject. Rudd has been attacking him on this lack of engagement on the topic. To be fair, I have no doubt Abbot will make his views known after the election. 

The election is on the 7th. I think really they are both not wanting to go there right now as the campaigning continues. Its not a vote winning matter and therefore probably not getting the attention it deserves in the political debate right now.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/rudd-condemns-sniper-attack-on-un-in-syria/story-fn3dxiwe-1226704718406
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/kevin-rudd-questions-tony-abbotts-temperament-on-global-affairs-20130827-2sod9.html

An interesting aside, border protection is waning as an election issue according to polls. Turns out we don't really care about it as much as the pollies would like us to.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
The MUTE button on my TV controller is worn out, I press it everytime those bloody election ads come on, and the news items. :(
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Coalition confirms they would rather help Indonesian fishermen than Aussie car workers. :disapp:

Flakey figures I reckon. :fum:

http://theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/joe-hockey-unveils-coalition-savings/story-fn9qr68y-1226705603607
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Crumbs  :eek:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Surely not. :Shocked:

http://brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/comedy/brits-see-aussies-as-hopeless-hicks-20130829-2ss9z.html?skin=m

"I'm genuinely distressed at the state of Australian politics at the moment, we as Australians deserve better."  - Adam Hills

Insightful. We deserve better. Always when the pollies talk about their plans its always for the betterment of the party. We, the constituency, are somewhere down the list under the party. What's wrong with this picture.

On a lighter note, jovial Clive has appeared spruiking on TV. He's going to abolish the long lunch tax which will release $4 billion dollars into the economy so Australians can get on with things. Lets see how that works out for him.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Its expected. Both are having issues with the facts and in some cases the facts aren't clear at all. "Careless with the facts" is I think the proper phrase. And if you say it enough people begin to believe it. Anyway, one should never let the facts stand in the way of scoring some cheap points. I think I said that already.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
In 40 years of voting, this is the 1st time there is such a lack of credibility, that I find I can't support either party. :Pout:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Better the devil you know, phil.... :winker:

The country is in pretty good shape all things considered...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Borrowings, Interest  :disapp:

No  :exclaim:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Better the devil you know, phil.... :winker:

The country is in pretty good shape all things considered...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's what I'll be saying to the ALP on September 7th, but without the "more."  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
You guys need to get out more... :whistler:

Can't afford to.  :fum: :mrgreen:

BTW Let me add my congratulations for keeping the discussion objective and relatively unemotional from both sides, cograts, gents. Enjoying it.  :goodjob2: :mrgreen:

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
The problem with democracy... is that everyone gets a say.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Unfortunately.  :fum:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's what I'll be saying to the ALP on September 7th, but without the "more."  :D

:MeToo:  :baps:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal