Silver i30 CW

accim · 198 · 55452

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hmm I've got some interesting update on my i30 or should I say, it was more a surprise  :rolleyes:

But you know what I just cant believe. How tiny (and lower) the 185/65/15 look, comparing to 205/55/16. You would say that those 2 cm aren't that much, but look.. It looks like I have the small spare tire on (you know the ones that a lot of cars have and with which you can drive max 80 km/h).

This is what caused it:

And this is a proof of great quality:

1. this broken and later on I also "broke" the no. 2. Now it just spins around. Luckily I have 3 of them.

But the "quality" being put aside.. The screws were screwed really tight. Don't know why and who did it like that. Usually I can "unscrew" them quite easily, but this time I had to use much more force.

And let me answer why I was using that "wrench" and not the one that comes with the car. I had to use this one, because the holes where the screws are (and also the screws) on these alloys, are to narrow for the wrench that comes with the car.

Because this happened on a Saturday afternoon, I'll have to wait till Monday to have it fixed, due to the fact, there is no service that is opened for the weekend.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 16:38:36 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is interesting accim... don't you hate punctures  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
What a good advertisement for buying quality tools....  :D

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I just can't believe it! I'm so p.. off. Today I said to myself.. Why wouldn't I change the wheels myself. I have all the equipment I need. It will take a while, but.. So I did. Or at least I tried.

Some idiot, that was putting the wheels on in the spring, messed things up. The screws are screwed so tight I just couldn't turn them. I managed to replace 1 wheel (the other day) and unscrewed few screws, but I couldn't do at least 5 of them.

Look what I did with my tools.. :D I know the quality isn't the best, but I've had worse tools also -> for example, today I tried unscrewing them with a hammer and with my foot/body weight (I was standing on it and then tried "jumping" -> 80 kg and it didn't move a bit) and the tools were just fine. Then I got really mad, took the wrench and started pulling as much as I could. And it started moving..or so I thought, because the only thing that was "moving" was the wrench, which was bending! (I felt like a superman lol) Look:

(this was once straight)

Today I'm taking the car to the "tire-service" (tire dealer which has all the equipment for changing tires) and I hope he'll be able to change them normally. I really don't know why they were screwed so hard. Someone sure screwed me with that  :twisted:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Well, I haven't had any problems with nuts so far as I change the wheels myself seasonally with a torque wrench bought in Sweden (I set 100Nm), but I have the problems with removing some wheels from the car as they seem to be clued, even though I use to spray a copper grease on the surfaces before installing season wheels. 

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Look!

Up in the sky...

It's a bird...

Its a plane...

no...

it's SUPER-ACCIM!!!!

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Haha  :rofl: :rofl:

Went to the service and they tried also "by hand" for fun and it didn't go. Then with the pneumatic "little" thing and no problem  :cool: :cool: So now, it's on stock wheels. It looks a bit funny?   :whistler:

I have to buy myself that torque wrench meehalych too  :goodjob2:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I have to buy myself that torque wrench meehalych too  :goodjob2:

Or a rattle gun & air compressor.... :p  :lol:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Haha probably the best thing :D

Anyways, the car is now ready for the trade.. Yesterday I've received a call from my dealers that the new i30 should be ready tomorrow at 9am. I was really excited. Of course, I said I'm coming at 9am, even though my insurance agent can't be there before 10.30 am :D But okay, have to do some other paperwork.

As I've said, I've (the service) changed the tires and the rims with the "stock" ones. The 16" alloys will be fitted on new i30, but I will see whether I'll do it now or next year (in spring). I've also cleaned the interior of the car yesterday, took the dog guard out.. I would have done the exterior too, but it was raining. Today I'll take few last photos of it (I hope tomorrow I'll be posting pictures of the new one already). I must say it really is a great and reliable car, if I wasn't buying a new i30CW I would be really sad to see the car go, because I got "attached" to it. I'm sure that whoever buys it next, will be happy with it. It still looks, smells and feels almost like new.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Because i30's have character they are easy to get attached to .. as you say it will be easier for you going into another one though... (I'm excited too .. can't wait for photos of the new one)  :happydance:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
So here are the pics of cleaned interior. It was in good shape, so it didn't take that much time. I spent most of the time on rear boot, as my dog rides there every once in a while. It is so hard to get all that hair out (although he has great short coat ("hair") which doesn't fall off that easily)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Uggh it's flithy accim - get it cleaned :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Still very tidy accim ( a credit to you)  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Looks good & it saved the dealer a job  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
So that was it :) The old i30 is now at the dealers and I finally picked up the new i30 today :)

I took only few photos, which I will post right away in the new topic. But let me describe the car with this ->  :happydance: 

:goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
accim
My congratulations with your new car  :goodjob2:
Čestitamo!  (that is a translation of google)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
accim
My congratulations with your new car  :goodjob2:
Čestitamo!  (that is a translation of google)

Thank you! :) Hvala (would be our reply to your "Čestitamo" in Slovenian language). My uncle used to learn russian, when he was in primary school (long long time ago). But, I'll check the google transl. also tomorrow. Now I'm just too sleepy ;)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So that was it :) The old i30 is now at the dealers and I finally picked up the new i30 today :)

I took only few photos, which I will post right away in the new topic. But let me describe the car with this ->  :happydance: 

:goodjob:

Told you it was the right decision  :happydance: :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal