i30 Owners Club

Hi from Hervey Bay, QLD

Dinko · 14 · 3275

Offline Dinko

• 1st Gear
Hey guys,

Came across this site a while ago just to gather information about i30's and what not. Thinking of selling my current car soon and buying a little hatch, so have been looking at Mazda 3's, Ford Focus's and what not, never thought much of Hyundai until I remembered the i30, and turns out this is probably the best choice out there, out of nearly everything right? I simply cannot find a negative review on one anywhere.

I am a car enthusiast as you would say, but I think it's time to move out of that stage for now, so an i30 would be a great choice, cheap on fuel too  8)

How long is the average wait time for an order?? Is there anything wrong with the i30's, as haven't come across many faults you people have wrote about?

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Hi Dinko and Welcome !

Im pretty similar to you I think , did alot of research on the cars you mentioned, focus/mazda3 and really for the price and features i just couldnt pass up the i30.

Speaking to a couple of dealers today and reading through numerous posts on as many forums as i could there just doesnt seem to be a reason NOT to go for an i30 as there really doesnt seem to be any major faults, the build quality actually looks really good in them , the seats are quite comfortable and there's enough leg room in the back for people to sit without poking their legs out the window to fit :D.

I think the wait time for an order really depends on if your lucky enough for the dealer to have stock , Hyundai to have stock @ their holding yards or if it has to come from Korea.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Dinko, welcome to the forum :)

Can't help you with wait times etc as I'm several million miles away from you in sunny (yeah, right) England :D

As for faults with the i30, my Fergie has been sweet as a nut in the nearly 12 months I've had her (ooo errr) and you won't find many other members commenting on any specific faults (except maybe Camerooney, who bought a right lemon, but who has now sold it)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome Dinko, from sunny (no honestly, it's a really nice day today :eek:) Scotland.  Spring has sprung (well maybe). :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Dinko and welcome to the club.
You wont find to many negatives on this forum about these brilliant little cars.
Availability is pretty good at the moment so you shouldn't have to wait months like some have on this site. That said, they have free on road deals going at present so stock will most likely run out pretty quick.

Offline Dinko

• 1st Gear
Thanks for the replies guys.

Not too many years ago yes Hyundai were basically 'cheap garbage' and have put alot of people off, including me, until lately. The new models they make these days seem to stack up pretty well compared to other 'better' brands such as Mitsubishi, Toyota, Subaru and our local Holden/Ford, but the i30 seems to surpass all other competitors in the small hatch segment from what I can gather. I read somewhere about a few people  commenting that the i30 could probably be sold at a higher price, as they think it feels like a good mid-30k+, with things such as design, economy, reliability/warranty, interior design, panel fitment and so forth, I don't blame them, especially for a Hyundai..

I really am only looking at buying another car because I don't want to keep modifying all my cars (on my 6th now, 20 years old) so I have decided to stay out of that for now, finish uni this year, save up enough for house deposit, and the i30 would be great choice for car it seems. Only thing I would want to do is maybe a nice set of rims and lowered, other then that, 5 year unlimited warranty i30 it is!

I am looking at the SLX, manual, in Stell Grey, diesel of course!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Dinko and Welcome..

Sounds like you're getting fair dinkum about your purchase. Your chosen combo is the most popular ... :cool:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
. Only thing I would want to do is maybe a nice set of rims and lowered, other then that, 5 year unlimited warranty i30 it is!

Nice Choice Dinko.
Great minds think alike :lol:
See mine below, SLX, manual, diesel, lowered with 18" alloys :D

Offline Dinko

• 1st Gear
. Only thing I would want to do is maybe a nice set of rims and lowered, other then that, 5 year unlimited warranty i30 it is!

Nice Choice Dinko.
Great minds think alike :lol:
See mine below, SLX, manual, diesel, lowered with 18" alloys :D

That's exactly it, I posted in your topic regarding your wheel size, I see now they are 18's. They look good not over the top.

Stell Grey is easily my favourite colour, and if this is the most popular combo could have a wait on my hands. I was thinking of buying one second hand, but I figured, hell I've had 6 second hand cars it's time to buy brand new, keep it in good nick for the warranty period, then trade it in on something else - guess you don't lose as much money in the end when you add the figures up?

Yes I am fair dinkim about this, as someone said in a review, if you covered the badges you would never pick it to be a Hyundai, I honestly think it is a better car then it's competitors, so I'm going to go with it, even if it is Korean...

:)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P