Guest · 6 · 1506

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Amanda Lulham
News Limited Network
September 26, 2013

AFTER the longest and fastest regatta in history Australian James Spithill and his team on Oracle Team USA have won the America’s Cup after a miraculous comeback which has rewritten history.

The famous sailing regatta was won by the Larry Ellison backed Oracle, the America’s Cup defenders, this morning  when they beat Emirates Team New Zealand by 44 seconds on the waters of San Francisco Bay.

It signaled the end of almost three weeks of thrilling racing in the high-speed AC72 chosen as the weapon of choice in the battle for the 34th America’s Cup.

“Good one guys,’’ Spithill said to his crew as he steered across the finish. "It is really about the team. On your own you are nothing.’’

“We faced the barrel of the gun at 8-1 and what did these guys do? They didn’t even flinch.’’

Read more: :link:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Pretty historical day for us Aussies too as it's 30 years to the day since Australia won the 'ol mug from the Yanks...  :goodjob:  :happydance:

And this win is pretty special too as the Yank boat was skippered by an Aussie with 3 other Aussies in the crew....  :D

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Oi! Oi! Oi!

Great result. Gotta feel (a bit) sorry for the sheep Kiwis though.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
They needed the help of a British Olympic Gold Medalist too do it tho  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Rusty I have been following that (great to see the Aussies doing so well) and the Brit :winker:  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I notice the Kiwis have stopped whining about the lack of America's cup coverage too..... :rofl:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal