i30 Owners Club

Servicing in Brisbane

Zoltan · 11 · 3963

Offline Zoltan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Greenslopes, QLD

• Zoltan the Magnificent!
First thread in this forum so open to suggestions regarding do's and don'ts.

Just wanted to throw out there what are other people experiences are with Hyundai dealerships in Brisbane in regards to servicing.

Other posts that I have read indicate a consistent disappointment with the standard of Hyundai dealership servicing. 

The reason I ask is the first dealership I attended to do a deal to purchase was a farce in terms of product knowledge and then we were fed a blatant lie as to whether there were any white premium crdi around. 

I actually left during negotiations and rang another dealership, which was given via a personal referral, and was told the car I wanted was in the system and a grand cheaper than the bs I was being fed for a demo.

To sum up, the above experience has turned me off using them for the servicing and other posts have made me be cautious where I go.

I'd say I will go with the sister dealership from where I'm buying the car due to it being closer but would like to hear other locals stories and suggestions from other members.

Cheer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:22:15 by Surferdude »
  • 2014 CRDi Premium Diesel, White

Offline Zoltan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Greenslopes, QLD

How embarrassing ...should say servicing! That's what I get for using the phone.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
And here I was thinking you were going to mention work at Amberley or Enoggera. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Fixed it for you Zoltan.
Now, as to your query................ Am I right in assuming your problem is with the dealer just south of your location?
If so, my son had dealings with them regarding servicing and got no satisfaction at all - in relation to his wife's Getz.
He also tried the one pretty much due west of you with no more success. In fact they quoted two wildly different prices; one to him and another, dearer to his wife.
And the dealership further west again near a massive shopping centre charged through the nose for the Getz's first service, which was what prompted the shopping around for #2.

So, what I'm saying is that there's not a whole lot of joy out there on the southside. Which is a shame because the one just south of you was started by a very good friend of mine from my rallying days. He's retired and out of it now and would be horrified to know how it's perceived in the market place.
Having said all that, my sister in law is more than happy with the second dealership mentioned above where she bought her Accent.
Over the last few years I have walked away from more dealerships than I'd care to count. Generally the Hyundai ones are among the better ones, so I'd suggest you stay with the brand.
But I'd have a very firm talk with a sales person and tell them exactly what your concerns are. Then make sure they understand you'll be back to them each and every time you have a problem.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day mate,

From my experience,  the one located at Slacks Creek is less than average. The one at Southport is better, Robina better still (both are new and have excellent waiting lounges)

Metro wasn't too bad either, they did my 15k service while I waited, and I had no complaints, waiting room isn't as good as the Gold Coast twins....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Zoltan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Greenslopes, QLD

Thanks guys.  On reflection human nature is what it is no matter where we I suppose.
Having that firm talk and perhaps indicating I was a mechanic back in the day hopefully will make them think twice.

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
I recently had my i30 in for it's 1500Km 1 month service (glorified car wash) at the Hyundai dealer at Brisbane south bayside near manly.
They are a relatively new Hyundai dealer (1 year) but have been dealers for Holden for something ridiculous like 50 yrs.
They are dealers for Holden, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Subaru and service all of those out of one large service dept.
I was impress with the size of service dept and service.
Nice waiting area which looked into service bays, waiting area stocked with coffee, cake and fruit,
Good opening hours including Saturdays and also offer what the call express service when they consign 2 mechanics to your vehicle and completed job within 1 hour.
Best part for me was free loan vehicle which they seem to have plenty of.
Car was ready on time and was cleaned in and out
as I said only had a very basic service done however must say I was impress with the service they offered me.
Maybe worth a try?
  • i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Was that the same bayside dealership that tried to charge a lady to flush her electric power steering....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Was that the same bayside dealership that tried to charge a lady to flush her electric power steering....
Yep. But I think they might  be a bit more circumspect with a former mechanic.  :p
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
On the northside the dealership at Nundah has been doing our Getz servicing when it was out of warranty and more recently the i30's. No complaints. They are close to many coffee shops for those that choose to wait and the railway station for those that need to be somewhere else.

When the Getz was in warranty we used a Hyundai service center at Kedron which always did a good job. They did the major service (cam belt) and the car always run like a swiss clock.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Zoltan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Greenslopes, QLD

Bit of a tossed bag out there really.   I like the idea of a courtesy car and if I'm hungry I might go out to Manly.
I think I'll see what referral I can get from the selling dealer and have the "chat".

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal